UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items

Notices

Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items For discussions about other vintage (over 25 years old) electrical and electromechanical household items. See the sticky thread for details.

Closed Thread

Old 9th Feb 2018, 7:35 pm   #1
Pilot Mariner
Hexode

Location: Burntwood, Staffordshire, UK or Kabaty in Warsaw Poland.
Default Zanussi Nexus washing machine

This is a bit of a long shot and a question for someone who has one of these. The mechanical programmer on this machine seems to have slipped a few teeth so that the dial setting does not correspond to the wash program. If someone has one of these can they tell me where the end of cycle position is on the rotating dial as its not obvious on the dial. In 21 years of faultless operation of this washer I never noticed where it is.

If I know where the off position is then I could merely rotate the dial to the required wash program with reference to the new off position.
Old 9th Feb 2018, 9:15 pm   #2
buggies
Heptode

Default Re: Zanussi Nexus washing machine

Might be a common problem - I usually search the uk whitegoods forum for these devices e.g.
www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/forumsphpbb3/zanussi-nexus-timer-t13031.html
You might find someone there with a long memory...
Old 9th Feb 2018, 10:52 pm   #3
Pilot Mariner
Hexode

Location: Burntwood, Staffordshire, UK or Kabaty in Warsaw Poland.
Default Re: Zanussi Nexus washing machine

Thanks George for the information.
If I rotate the knob slowly every click seems to engage, if I move the knob quicker I can feel it missing the clicks as though the knob is loose.
Closed Thread