UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 5th Jun 2012, 11:41 pm   #1
murphymad
Heptode

Default BVWS Garden Party and Harpenden this weekend

Hi All,

Plans for this coming weekend with the Garden Party at the Museum and the Harpenden Swapmeet and Auction are going well despite the horrid weather.

The Garden Party looks to be a cracking event with the "New Foxtrot Serenaders" performing for the afternoon in the Garden. This is a seven member band playing music from the 1920s through to the 1950s. Something not to be missed.
There are also many other attractions on the day and lots of food and drink.

I believe that there are still a few spare tables to be had for the Harpenden event so anyone wanting to book can contact Vic Williamson on the number in the front of the Bulletin.

I am currently lotting up all the items for the Auction, but I doubt I will be finished in time to get a list for the website, so it will be a surprise on the day. I can say however there is quite a lot of good quality test equipment suitable for the radio workshop.

If you want to enter any items into the auction, you can do so on the day (providing they are vintage radio/tv related), just bring them along and let us have them early on.

You are also invited to bring along a prized radio for display in the small hall.

Look forward to seeing everyone on Saturday and Sunday,

Mike...
Old 6th Jun 2012, 5:25 pm   #2
Ian - G4JQT
Octode

Default Re: BVWS Garden Party and Harpenden this weekend

I may take a couple of vintage radio mates, do we need to book first this year? I'm a BVWS member but not sure if the other two are at the moment.

Regards,

Ian
Old 7th Jun 2012, 12:20 am   #3
murphymad
Heptode

Hi Ian,

If it is for the Garden Party, then I suggest you book your tickets and pay for them ahead of time £15 per person. Otherwise it is £19 per person on the door!

If it is for Harpenden, you do not need to book and you can bring your guests along without any problems.

See you at the weekend,

Mike...
Old 10th Jun 2012, 9:41 pm   #4
Tazman1966
Nonode

Wow! What a quiet one this time but a goodie nonetheless. As usual good to catch up with forum friends past and present and meet a couple of new faces too. (Hi David and Keith!)

I came away with a few Philips G11 bits and bobs from the bring and buy, some transistors, knobs and a nice Bush VHF90 in the auction which has already got the missus' approval

Many thanks to Mike Barker and his team of organisers for the event. I'm glad I went as I won't be able to make the Wooten Bassett one in July

Hopefully plenty of cash was raised on the Bring & Buy too.

Kind regards,

Tas
Old 10th Jun 2012, 10:49 pm   #5
audiomagpie
Heptode

We (son Alex and I) had a great afternoon at the Garden Party. Great company, always good to meet the old faces and some new ones! Great food and a great band!
And the sun shone again!

Thanks to all those involved in making it happen!

Was unable to make Harpenden though, but looking forward to Royal Wootton Bassett next month.

Greg

BVWS committee chairman
Old 10th Jun 2012, 11:29 pm   #6
Ian - G4JQT
Octode

Yes, had a great time, with plenty of good food. Thanks to all who did the organising and preparation to make it happen!

Regards,

Ian
Old 11th Jun 2012, 8:05 am   #7
chipp1968
Rest in Peace

It was a very enjoyable day. I always seem to book late as I travel with a friend from Exeter who can never seem to let me know till the last minute if he is going . Fortunately cheques arrived on time.

We must have enjoyed it as we stayed later than usual without realising it, probably because they switched on a lot of the TV's and there were many new ones. Even TV's working upstairs!

It was nice to catch up with people too.
Old 11th Jun 2012, 8:40 am   #8
Heatercathodeshort
Dekatron

Had a fantastic day! Thanks to Eileen, Gerry and everyone involved with the organization and the food it turned out to be a great success. Even the weather was brilliant. It takes a great deal of effort to put on a garden party such as this and the behind the scenes activity is probably not realized by the visitors on the day.
Lots of new faces and a good time was had by all. Regards, John.
Old 11th Jun 2012, 12:51 pm   #9
robin coleman
Hexode

As always a lovely show in pleasant surroundings with like minded people.

Regards,
Robin
Old 11th Jun 2012, 8:26 pm   #10
Ian B
Hexode

Brilliant day! It was also my 65th birthday and I was very touched to receive a giant card signed by more people than I thought I knew(!) and a birthday cake. The excellent band played "Happy Birthday", and I even won a basket of fruit and a DAC 90A in the raffles!
Many thanks to Eileen and the rest of the volunteers for making it such an enjoyable day.

Ian Blackbourn
Closed Thread