UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 18th Nov 2006, 5:32 pm   #21
Malcolm G6ANZ
Octode

Default Re: When did scopes come into general use?

Alan,It is a 164 scope. But I dont think it's a viable proposition to restore it as the mains transformer is missing and the wiring is wrecked.A copy of the schematic would be interesting if only for reference purposes.

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p...z/IMG_0087.jpg

I didn't realise it was pre war.If you want any more photos let me know. It's odd that the tube hasn't got a final anode pin at the screen end so I assume all the acceleration is done in the gun and the electrons 'drift' to the screen?

Malcolm

Last edited by Station X; 18th Nov 2006 at 5:40 pm. Reason: Link to picture fixed.
Old 20th Nov 2006, 11:46 pm   #22
Alan_Douglas
Retired Dormant Member

Email me with a postal address and I'll xerox the schematic (I'm apt to miss seeing Private Messages for several days, so regular email is better).
You apparently have the original CRT which is unusual.

Last edited by Station X; 21st Nov 2006 at 7:25 am. Reason: Email address removed as per forum rules. Please use PMs to exchange details.
Old 21st Nov 2006, 9:28 am   #23
Mike Phelan
Dekatron

In the late 1960s, our eccentric boss supplied a Cossor (1039?) scope - the little one with the "gas taps" for knobs. One on Jim's site if you want to have a look. http://www.g1jbg.co.uk/
He insisted on telling everyone how no expense was spared on having good test equipment!

I spent nearly a day getting this dreadful thing to even work. Naturally, replacing valves to cure drift problems was a no-no, if the Mullard one-arm bandit said they were OK, as it often did when he skulked around after work rooting scrap valves out of the dustbin.
Cannot remember what the bandwidth was, but no chance at 10.7MHz.

Later jobs got us various Telequipment valve jobbies - fine. The last one I used on VCR servicing was a transistorised Telequipment DB - cannot remember the model.

I acquired a faulty Solartron 1400 and used it at home for a while, but sold it - it took up too much room!
Old 21st Nov 2006, 8:56 pm   #24
Ed_Dinning
Dekatron

Hi Gents. The Grammer Tech school I went to had a Mullard L101 scope in Physics in the late 50's. Dual beam and 1.5Mhz bandwodth on a 4" screen. about 20 odd valves and had to be on a trolley because of the weight. Myself and some of the other 6th formers used it, but the head of physics, who was a good teacher otherwise, had a total blank on electronics .
I believe I have a copy of the manual some where if anyone is interested.

Ed
Closed Thread