UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 11th May 2016, 11:31 am   #21
1100 man
Octode

Default Re: Pye CT205

Yes, I now have plenty of scope for adjustment of the width control but am still not happy with the linearity on the left hand side. The lin control only stretches it further. Also still significant ringing on LHS which I can see on the 'scope. Probably more caps somewhere- will keep looking Hopfully, I can stock up on high voltage caps at the NVCF on Sunday.
Thanks for your input
Cheers Nick
Old 11th May 2016, 11:39 am   #22
dazzlevision
Dekatron

Hello,

There is a 1.5kOhm 2W (flameproof) damping resistor in parallel with the line linearity coil, so I would check that.

It is possible the line linearity coil/magnet assembly itself could be faulty, but I have never come across a defective one (usually made by Mullard/Philips, with an "ATxxxx" part number marked on it).

There is also an "S" correction capacitor (usually with a value of around 0.47uF) in series with the line scan coils, which might be faulty.

I suspect that the horizontal linearity is the best this chassis can actually achieve.

Regards,

Dazzle vision
Old 11th May 2016, 12:00 pm   #23
1100 man
Octode

Hi Dazzle Vision, thanks for the suggestions. Have checked/ changed the damping resistor and .47 mfd cap. The lin coil looks fine and has plenty of effect when adjusted so can't believe its that. Will not do any more until I get the correct 180pf/ 8kv cap on the LOPT. 6 caps in series is not ideal!!
The chassis will have to do better than that or it will have some explaining to do
Cheers
Nick
Closed Thread