UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 17th Jan 2006, 4:06 pm   #1
Jack Weber
Retired Dormant Member

Default Redifon R500 Service Manual

Can anybody help provide a Service Manual, or at least a full circuit diagram, for the Redifon/Rediffusion R500 communications receiver? Mine has sadly stopped working, and they're not the easiest of radios in which to trace a fault.

I already have the Operating Manual.

Many thanks,

Jack Weber
Old 24th Jan 2006, 8:16 pm   #2
G8BBZ
Pentode

Smile Re: Redifon R500 Service Manual

Jack,
I have the Redifon Repair and Maintenance Manual for the R500 - two volumes each about 3 inches thick. How can I help?
Peter
Old 24th Jan 2006, 11:49 pm   #3
Jack Weber
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Redifon R500 Service Manual

Peter,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I think I've tracked the fault down to the Protection Module (circuit board 7g). It would be very useful to have at least a circuit diagram of this or of the whole Tuner Assembly (module 7).

If you were able to provide a photocopy or scan of the relevant pages, I would be very happy to pay for that. Of course, if you did want to sell the whole manuals, I'd certainly be most interested.

Do PM me if you think something could be arranged.

Thanks again for your message.

Best regards,

Jack
Old 25th Jan 2006, 1:34 pm   #4
G8BBZ
Pentode

Smile Re: Redifon R500 Service Manual

Jack,
Ok I will look into the Tuner Module circuit and organise a copy. I also have an R500 and a couple of DU500's. The R500 does not work but a synthesizer fault in my case. More details in PM.
Peter