UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 29th Dec 2019, 12:07 pm   #41
Richard - F4VPR
Triode

Default Re: Bremi BRL200 27-28Mhz Linear Amplifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackle View Post

WARNING
To any one else working on these amps please BE WARNED there is nearly 1000v DC floating around inside the chassis and under some conditions the capacitors can remain charged for hours after turning off.
Mike
Off topic, but may I strongly underline this warning.

Last year we lost a young and quite competent club member to just this, several kV on a very good cap was sufficient with the equipment isolated and disconnected.

You may look up F4HQA. Be warned.

R.
Old 29th Dec 2019, 12:18 pm   #42
MrBungle
Dekatron

Default Re: Bremi BRL200 27-28Mhz Linear Amplifier

Yes since my interest stated earlier the high voltage shivers came in and I’ve abandoned my HF modification motivation. Honestly it sits in my mind something that Bill Meara said on soldersmoke podcast. He has family now. It makes him think twice about old HV stuff.

A couple of MRF101’s or IRF510’s and an SMPS are a lot safer. Most nasty situations are covered with some safety glasses for the bits of MOSFET to bounce off
Closed Thread