UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 1st May 2010, 6:06 pm   #1
Kat Manton
Retired Dormant Member

Default BVWTM - Donations?

Hi,
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppppenguin View Post
The Museum still has very little money for everyday things, like food and electricity, but it survives somehow. Don't forget that all profits from the Bring & Buy stalls at Harpenden and NVCF go to the Museum and donations are always welcome.
Has the addition of a PayPal 'Donate' button on the website been considered?

In the world of free, open-source software it's fairly commonplace; if I like and use a bit of software it's a quick/easy way to support development. Some projects have a PayPal 'Subscribe' button as well; automatically collecting a monthly donation.

I appreciate that setting this up and administering it would involve time/effort for someone; ensuring collected funds are transferred, etc. But I wonder how many more donations would be made if all it took was a click of a button? Or how many would 'subscribe'; providing a steady stream of regular automatic donations?

Just a suggestion

Cheers, Kat
Old 5th May 2010, 2:36 pm   #2
Pamphonica
Nonode

Default Re: BVWTM - Donations?

Kat,
good idea. Think of all those items for sale for a "donation" on the forum. A lot easier than cheques in the post, and less easy to forget
Old 5th May 2010, 2:44 pm   #3
ppppenguin
Retired Dormant Member

Don't forget you can donate by low tech methods at the NVCF. It's called putting cash in the box
Old 5th May 2010, 2:49 pm   #4
Station X

I appreciate that Jeffrey, but I don't go to NCVF and neither have I ever visited the BVWTM.

I'd like to make a donation though and am far more likely to do so if I can do it on line. Last year I wrote and posted a mere five personal cheques, but did hundreds of transactions on line.

Reach for your meter before you reach for your soldering iron.
Old 5th May 2010, 3:04 pm   #5
ppppenguin
Retired Dormant Member

I was just making a shameless plug.

If you want to push for online donation capability I suggest emailing Mike Barker (see BVWS committee list) since he is the most tech-aware trustee. I'm sure that between him and Paul Stenning they can sort it out. I don't think it's entirely trivial, especially if you want to include Giftaid.
Closed Thread