UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 24th Mar 2010, 7:23 pm   #1
ppppenguin
Retired Dormant Member

Default NVCF Bring and Buy

The Bring and Buy stall (B&B) should be in its usual place, on the left just as you go in to the hall. It's for people with a few items to sell and all profits go to the Vintage Wireless Musuem.

The crack team of B&B helpers will be there to help you and relieve you of your cash in a good cause: Brian Pateman, Dave Moll and myself. We will be supervised by our partners where appropriate If anyone else wants to help, please send me a PM.

You can use the B&B in 3 ways:

1. Sale of stuff with 10% commission to the Musuem and 90% to you
2. Donation of stuff with 100% of sale proceeeds to the Museum.
3. Make a cash donation to the Museum. We hope to have a collecting box this year

We are very grateful to everyone who generously supports the Museum

You can help us a lot by listing and labelling your items in advance. If it's a donation then just attach one of the labels from bring_buy_musuem2.doc You don't have to specify an amount unless you feel strongly about it. To sell on commission please complete a copy of bring_and_buy1b.doc Then attach a label to each item with the following information:

1. Space for us to allocate a serial letter so we know it's your item 1
2. Item number (to correspond with list)
3. Price

Notes...
1. You must remove all your unsold items (including donations) by the end of the day.
2. Please collect any money you are owed by the end of the day. If you don't do this we will assume you want to donate it to the Museum.
3. You are free to reduce prices at any time during the day
4. We don't recommend the B&B for items priced at over £50. Most are £20 or less
5. We reserve the right to refuse any item
6. We do our best to look after your stuff but items are left for sale at your own risk
Attached Files
File Type: doc bring_buy_musuem2.doc (19.5 KB, 129 views)
File Type: doc bring_and_buy1b.doc (60.0 KB, 91 views)
Old 9th May 2010, 9:30 pm   #2
ppppenguin
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: NVCF Bring and Buy

A big thank you to Dave Moll, Brian & Helen Pateman and Pam for making sense of a chaotic day on the B&B stall. A lot of hard work in a good cause. Thanks also to all those who brought, bought and donated. I haven't done the final accounts yet but I think it's a new record donation of something approaching £400 for the Museum.

A special thank you to Mark Henessey who built a splending wooden collecting box. This will be used at many future B&Bs.

Alongside the B&B we were also running a sale of the estate of a late member. I think we raised over £750.
Closed Thread