UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Homebrew Equipment

Notices

Homebrew Equipment A place to show, design and discuss the weird and wonderful electronic creations from the hands of individual members.

Closed Thread

Old 10th Nov 2021, 1:09 am   #81
joebog1
Banned

Default Re: Golden Ear Laboratory Amplifier Build

Valve socket spigots all grounded, Tim. Nothing wrong with a bit of screening around the valve base. Especially with 5B/254 as the base on the valve itself is beautifully screened already, but as you mention, these valves will never get to 60 Mhz, which is their full power cutoff point.
The feedback components will be mounted on spare tags on my wafer switches, which will ensure very short leads at the input section where most of the gain and instability is. Just spent an hour rerouting my heater wiring around the input section too. Amazing what you see after looking at something for a while. Its now way away from any sensitive circuitry, which I like much better. I will do some more tomorrow ( its already 35 degrees and humidity is around 80% ) and update my pics, that way you can more easily point out any errors I might have made, or where you can see some mods that may benefit.

Thanks as always for your excellent input.

Joe
Closed Thread