UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 8th Nov 2017, 10:08 am   #1
reverbeo
Retired Dormant Member

Default Philips Reverbeo F8X15A/60. Value?

Hello!

I am new to this forum, and would like to ask for your kind help in the following.

I have come across this Philips Reverbeo F8X15A/60 (pictures included).
As I understand it was made in the 1960's, is still in working order and in pretty good shape.

There is little or none information on this type of Philips sets on the internet.
I would be extremely grateful for your opinion and estimates of this piece.
The current owner is asking around 450 pounds for it - is it a good price or an overcharge?

Thank you in advance for your input!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	151963   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	151964   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	151965  
Old 8th Nov 2017, 11:58 am   #2
Edward Huggins
Dekatron

Default Re: Philips Reverbeo F8X15A/60. Value?

Well this is a quite rare piece. They also made a table model radio only version.

That price is certainly high. I would go listen to it on all its wavebands and check that the autochanger fully works. These are NOT EASY to repair. You should also check the Reverb function as well. If all works I would offer up to £200, no more. The owner is unlikely to get £450. If you buy cheaper on the basis that it needs some repair work, do take into account this is quite a complex unit and even a very reasonably priced repair might well be anything from £50 upwards.
Old 8th Nov 2017, 1:43 pm   #3
Maarten
Dekatron

Default Re: Philips Reverbeo F8X15A/60. Value?

Please note that this is a 60Hz export model, so the record player will run slow so if you want to play records you'll have to modify or replace it. I think the official way is to mount another pulley on the motor. I would say 100 pounds is reasonable, but if you really like it you can pay more.

The table model radio of which the chassis was used, is probably the B7X14A. I don't know the type of the record changer but service manuals and other information can be found.
Old 8th Nov 2017, 1:43 pm   #4
reverbeo
Retired Dormant Member

Hi Edward,

Thank you for your advice!

Maarten, thank you as well.
Closed Thread