UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 4th Mar 2017, 10:54 pm   #1
barrywebb
Tetrode

Default Aiwa AD-F410 tape deck

Hi i have a aiwa AD-F410 cassette deck that needed and belt i ordered the correct belt and fitted it.
After fitting the belt to the deck it works fine on play back but wont rewind or go fast forward.
If you remove the cassette and press rewind the left spindle runs for a few seconds and then stops , When pressing in forward the right hand spindle turns and continues to but the left spindle is locked and wont turn.
This is driving me mad and any help would be very much appreciated.
Barry.
Old 5th Mar 2017, 5:01 pm   #2
barrywebb
Tetrode

Default Re: Aiwa AD-F410 tape deck

Forgot to say that there is a slight ticking noise in playback mode.
Old 7th Mar 2017, 1:27 pm   #3
Grubhead
Heptode

I had a couple of Aiwa decks in a few times for repair. I can't remember if your model is the same type. But those used solenoids to move a orange coloured disc like cog up and down which had plastic tract runners in for the various parts. What would happen to them is the nylon plastic of the cog would break and it would not perform certain functions.

The ticking noise could be the auto stop mechanism trying to engage. Often caused by a worn belt.
Old 10th Mar 2017, 12:36 am   #4
ben
Dekatron

I repaired one of these with this problem 20 years ago. The cause was the brake not retracting fully - it caught on the toothed spool table in other modes than 'stop' (plastic parts deformed?) I seem to remember adding a piece of cable insulation over an actuating lever or stud to cure it. Take a look at the mech and you should see what is going on.
Closed Thread