UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 14th Oct 2019, 8:22 pm   #41
Niall76
Triode

Default Re: Need help identifying a pair of Vintage Speakers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNBAudio View Post
Without seeing what's behind the false front, and going on dimensions and some construction cues, I'm guessing series I LNB ParaLab 20s
The dimensions should be around 31" x 11" x 11 1/4" and weight 40lbs. Behind the false front should be a KEF B200, a KEF T27 and a STC4001G.
The back is white melamine, which was quite expensive at the time, and the terminal block was made by Carr Fasteners of Nottingham (it still has it's red polarity spot)
Thank you it certainly seems to match up with your information and description, I did actually think that the back would have been quite expensive as I’ve never seen anything like that before. Unfortunately the false front is incredibly hard to get off and I am reluctant to keep trying in case I damage it. Did your father make many of these back in the day? I’m guessing it hasn’t been used in years but still sounds really good
Old 14th Oct 2019, 9:48 pm   #42
LNBAudio
Triode

Default Re: Need help identifying a pair of Vintage Speakers?

Hundreds of 20s were made, the sI continued until around 1976/77 when the sII came out. The cabinet dimensions remained the same whether sI or sII
The 20 is dad's personal favourite
Closed Thread