UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Forum Announcements and Comments

Notices

Forum Announcements and Comments Announcements about forum changes will be made in this section. All new threads here now require moderator approval.

Closed Thread

Old 21st Dec 2017, 2:05 am   #21
Reelman
Octode

Default Re: Happy 15th Birthday UKVRRR!

Never does a day go by that I don’t view the forum. I have learnt much and been delighted by other members’ generosity.
Many thanks to Paul and his Moderators for making this such a great place to visit.
Much appreciated!
Peter
Old 21st Dec 2017, 2:05 am   #22
G8UWM-MildMartin
Heptode

I vaguely remember moving here from a Yahoo (or maybe something else?) group run by Andy Emmerson (G8PTH, midshires on here) just after it split into different directions, one covering military radio and the other covering domestic led by our own Paul Stenning, though I could be slightly mistaken after all this time.
Anyway, I have immensely enjoyed my time here, and also wish to thank Paul, the members and moderators, present and past, and those members now resting in peace. And I hope the wealth of knowledge and the ethos will continue to be kept, shared and added to indefinitely.
If only the world could be like this!
Martin.
Old 21st Dec 2017, 8:06 am   #23
thermionic
Heptode

HAPPY BIRTHDAY UKVRRR!

And thanks, Paul for setting it up and running it to! I’m not a prolific poster, but drop in most days to see what the news is. I notice I’ve been here since April 2003 - where has the time gone ?

Here’s to many more forum years to come.

Cheers !

SimonT
Old 21st Dec 2017, 9:15 am   #24
Andrewausfa
Octode

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8UWM-MildMartin View Post
Anyway, I have immensely enjoyed my time here, and also wish to thank Paul, the members and moderators, present and past, and those members now resting in peace. And I hope the wealth of knowledge and the ethos will continue to be kept, shared and added to indefinitely. If only the world could be like this! Martin.
Excellent words. I found this place after searching for an 'older' radio to replace a Woolworths 'Bush' radio that had gone wrong. I wouldn't have said I was even particularly interested in vintage radio at that time, just an interest in old things and history and a 'mechanical' mind. Seven years later, entirely due to all the enthusiasm, careful and considerate explanations of how to repair equipment I'm still very much here and enjoying it.

Happy birthday fora.

Andrew
Old 21st Dec 2017, 12:09 pm   #25
bc312
Pentode

Although not a prolific poster, I have always found forum members so helpful and their post's interesting to read. Thanks to Paul and the Mods for making this forum a happy place, and congratulations on 15 years.
May everyone have a Merry Christmas and Happy and Healthy New Year.
Mike

BVWS member, EUG, G-QRP
Radio Bygones/Radiophile
Old 21st Dec 2017, 3:19 pm   #26
AC/HL
Dekatron

You don't need to be prolific to have the missing piece of the jigsaw. I liken it to a pub quiz team. Often, many people will know the answer, but each one has that individual knowledge which just may fill in the odd gap.
Old 21st Dec 2017, 6:52 pm   #27
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.

I certainly agree with Bill's comment that prolific posting needn't signify anything [with myself as a fine example] except that maybe some people are simply more "vocal", although I hope I'm not too long winded -some hope! Technically, like Manuel in Faulty Towers, "I know nothing" but I've always read a lot! I came across the Forum [like a lot of people] fairly randomly and watching it's development with all the ups and downs that have taken place has been "interesting".

Paul is to be congratulated for his achievement and insisting on a certain [adult] standard. It's not at all elitist but welcoming and polite. 15 years is pretty amazing as websites [like magazines] can be a risky venture as we all know. Not only as he supplied a Forum but also a number of associated invaluable services including all the archived info. My details indicate that I joined 11/1/2006 but [as I recall] there was a tech problem and we had to rejoin at one point, so it might be earlier! Am I right about that or is it an example of "false memory syndrome"? Congratulations and best wishes anyway

Dave W
Closed Thread