UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Member Introductions and News

Notices

Member Introductions and News A place where members can introduce themselves and post occasional news about themselves.

Old 6th Aug 2018, 7:18 pm   #1
Alvin
Heptode

Default Reintroducing G-No

Around 6 years ago shortly after I introduced G-No (pronounced Gino) to the forum discussion about our cats was banned so I missed out on sharing much of the joy and worry this little bundle of Persian fur brought us - I could write reams filling in the gaps but fast forwarding 6 years I no longer live with my ex with whom he stays though I still have visiting rights and help where I can, more giving moral support to Rob who can find problems difficult to cope with.

Apart from a couple of occasions having rotten teeth extracted G-No has been very healthy until recently when the poor little lamb started suffering waterworks problems and after a few unsuccessful attempts to unblock him using catheters etc he's had his penis removed and the shortened urinary tract rerouted so he can still pee!!

The op was on Friday so early days yet but the vet was pleased with his progress when we took him for a check up this morning and he doesn't want to see him again until the end of the week - he has to wear the cone until at least then to prevent him gnawing at the stitches.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	G-No cone.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	167121  
Alvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Aug 2018, 7:32 pm   #2
ukcol
Dekatron

Default Re: Reintroducing G-No

Poor G-No, I hope he isn't too uncomfortable and recovers well.
ukcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Aug 2018, 8:51 pm   #3
HamishBoxer
Dekatron

Bless him ,I hope all goes to plan. This from a Boxer lover. Though Hamish Boxer did love cats and not to chase I add.
Old 6th Aug 2018, 11:19 pm   #4
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.

Sorry to hear about your shared custody cat Alvin and many thanks for your heads up about the Mirror Lid TV at auction a few years ago. I've a relative catheterised [or should that be cataterised] in a similar manner at present but fortunately, he hasn't had to undergo the procedure you describe
I'm surprised to hear your discussion was banned. Can that be right-I thought Feline threads were a priority

Best Wishes to G-No he doesn't look that thrilled,

Dave .
dave walsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Aug 2018, 7:48 am   #5
Alvin
Heptode

G-No is recovering well, he had some stitches removed yesterday and hopefully the rest on Wednesday. Poor thing has to continue wearing the cone until at least then but on the whole he's coping with it.
Old 16th Aug 2018, 4:05 pm   #6
Alvin
Heptode

Minor setback yesterday as the vet was concerned he'd lost some weight and was pale in colour which pointed to a possible kidney infection most likely a result of urine backing up when he had difficulty peeing so we had to leave him there for blood tests which confirmed the infection and he was put on an antibiotic drip for the day.

He also had more stitches removed but still some more to be taken out in a week's time so he has to continue to wear the cone which he has already tolerated for 12 days with at least another 7 to go.