UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Old 5th Feb 2024, 10:22 am   #1
60136 Alcazar
Pentode

Default Current Ottery Auction ending 18 February 2024 of technical equipment

Current auction from a single collection of mainly test instruments, bridges, AVOs, photographic equipment, R2Rs, and the odd radio/TV. HP/RACAL/Marconi/Wayne Kerr/Collins/Sony/Advance/Taylor/Cambridge Instruments/Philips/Tektronix/Revox/Leak all represented.

https://www.easyliveauction.com/cata...?currentPage=1

Some of the prices seem a little high, but there you go...some of the items are the type you can hunt for for ages.

Progress consists of doing what you've always done - just more expensively.
60136 Alcazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Feb 2024, 1:39 pm   #2
Radio Wrangler

Default Re: Current Ottery Auction ending 18 February 2024 of technical equipment

As said, some have high enough minimum bids set that they won't get any interest, there are some things that would be attractive, though. So worth trawling through.

Remember those minimum bids will still have premiums to be applied!

A very wide range of stuff, some rather esoteric... Lenses for Nikon's underwater cameras don't turn up often (Camera system designed by Cousteau!) but along Marconi component bridges and tek scopes...

david
Old 5th Feb 2024, 4:10 pm   #3
G6Tanuki
Dekatron

Default Re: Current Ottery Auction ending 18 February 2024 of technical equipment

There is some interesting stuff there; a Collins HF Kilowatt-rated linear amp (which would probably sell for a few hundred quid) and some nice high-power RF parts/antenna-matcher type stuff...
Old 5th Feb 2024, 6:36 pm   #4
Radio Wrangler

Trying to sell lots of vacuum variable capacitors (£45+ quid start bid each) without mentioning either the capacitance range or the voltage rating is handicapping their ability to sell.

I spotted that Collins 30L1 amplifier. A bunch of 572B toobs in a rather small case. They're working hard at a kilowatt.

David
Old 5th Feb 2024, 7:23 pm   #5
factory
Octode

I could be wrong, but the item described as a television, looks more like a monitor to me (lot #84), no obvious tuner controls.

David
factory is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Feb 2024, 7:36 pm   #6
dodgy-dxer
Heptode

The 30L1 uses 4 x 811a valves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio Wrangler View Post
Trying to sell lots of vacuum variable capacitors (£45+ quid start bid each) without mentioning either the capacitance range or the voltage rating is handicapping their ability to sell.

I spotted that Collins 30L1 amplifier. A bunch of 572B toobs in a rather small case. They're working hard at a kilowatt.

David
dodgy-dxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Feb 2024, 12:23 am   #7
Radio Wrangler

Thanks. My brain's fading!

811s won't give quite as scary a power density!

David