UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd Feb 2019, 6:12 pm   #1
LenC 54
Diode

Default Hitachi SDT400 strobe

On an impulse at a recent auction I acquired a dusty old SDT400 which, so far, appears to be in pretty good shape. Everything that could turn to goo had done so, but with a new belt and some grommets to replace the motor mountings the turntable is up and running. The main belt on the tape deck being next on the list.

In the meantime I also need to replace the strobe neon, would anyone know what the current rating for a new bulb should be please? (The supply, from a pcb, is 107v)
Old 22nd Feb 2019, 7:40 pm   #2
julie_m
Dekatron

Default Re: Hitachi SDT400 strobe

Just use an ordinary NE2 Neon bulb, with a series resistor of 220kΩ (anything from 100kΩ to 470kΩ will do).