UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd Feb 2019, 3:06 pm   #1
BillDWVA
Pentode

Default Ferrograph Recorder Test Set

Hi all,
I have recently acquired this in unknown condition and hope to get it working and use it to advantage on my ‘projects’.

I have been able to find manuals and information for ‘RTS-2’ models but mine may be an earlier example?

The nameplate gives type as ‘RTS I’ and what looks like an early serial number. From markings on the case it looks like it has been used at a training college.

What differences are there between models, and can anyone point me to a manual and circuit for this version?

Thanks,
Bill
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2793AD8D-06C4-4DC4-A21E-FECB56C87074.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	178855  

Last edited by BillDWVA; 22nd Feb 2019 at 3:08 pm. Reason: Change of description
Old 22nd Feb 2019, 3:12 pm   #2
barrymagrec
Octode

Default Re: Ferrograph Recorder Test Set

I have a vague memory that the RTS1 wouldn`t cope with the higher levels associated with professional 600 ohm line systems - there may have been an add-on unit for this - it was all a long time ago.
Old 24th Feb 2019, 8:20 am   #3
brenellic2000
Octode

Default Re: Ferrograph Recorder Test Set

The RTS appeared in 1971 but was soon improved and relaunced as the RTS2 (or RTS2A with 3kHz carrier signal) in 1972, now joined by an ATU audio unit. Both designed by Michael Hill, production was by/passed to Park Naval Engineering who were then sold to Canford (around 1981?) who continued manufacture until 2002... and as far as I know still service and calibrate them. Canford also took over production of Ferrographs' defluxers... until 2010. Have work with them!

Barry
Closed Thread