UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 7th Feb 2019, 8:25 pm   #1
Davewantsone
Hexode

Default Russian Cokoa pn 204

Whilst the snooker was on (my wife loves it!). I found this old Cokoa pn 204 Russian radio that had been in my shed for quite a few years. I managed to download a circuit diagram off the internet. I quickly deduced that the fault was the RF,+ Osc transistor, VT1. All the voltages on VT1,2 and 3 were incorrect. This transistor is a silicon PNP and is the same as VT2 and 3. Just for faultfinding reasons I soldered a BC557 in place of VT1 and the voltages on VT2 and 3 went right. I turned up the volume and R4 on LW was coming in loud and clear switching over to MW and R5 loud and clear. I then noticed that I had reversed the E and C connections. I unsoldered the leads and connected them correctly but then the radio did not work.. Reversing them again back came R5! I then removed VT2 and put a BC557 in its place. Radio still working OK. Put VT2 in VT1 place radio dead again! Reverse C and E still dead!. Put this transistor back in VT2 and connect BC557 back in VT1 position with reversed C,E leads radio works again.
Can anyone explain how this is happening?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PN 204.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	177963  

Last edited by Davewantsone; 7th Feb 2019 at 8:49 pm. Reason: circuit
Closed Thread