UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Telephony and Telecomms

Notices

Vintage Telephony and Telecomms Vintage Telephones, Telephony and Telecomms Equipment

Closed Thread

Old 30th Jan 2019, 9:45 pm   #1
Morthin
Retired Dormant Member

Default Porthmadog telephone exchange switchboard

I have been making searches into my local telephone exchange at Porthmadog in Gwynedd North Wales.
I believe the switchboard that was used there has been purchased and is located in the Chester area? this switchboard was used a few years back in a period BBC drama as a prop.
I was hoping via this forum to locate it and hopefully obtain some current and past photos of it.
If anybody has information I would be very grateful as it would make a great impact on my research on the telephone exchange.
Many thanks in advance
Old 31st Jan 2019, 2:34 pm   #2
dagskarlsen
Heptode

Default Re: Porthmadog telephone exchange switchboard

Yo should search for a Welshman: Ian Jolly If, he dont know...
Old 1st Feb 2019, 3:00 pm   #3
Pellseinydd
Heptode

Default Re: Porthmadog telephone exchange switchboard

He doesn't know everything (but I'm working on it ! )

But others seem to think so!

But just happen to still have the centre suite from the switchboard which was originally from Porthmadog.

Also built an automatic exchange to represent Derby in 1959 which can be see at about 17:28 in Series 1 Episode 7 and again at just after 20:40. It was actually some UAX14 racks I recovered from Burford in Oxfordshire. And the 'Special Faults' telephone is still in the loft as are a number of other telephones that appear - the renters box setup and the Fire Telephone. All good fun and not often you get paid a couple of hundred pounds a day plus expenses for watching them film it! Those were the days!
Closed Thread