UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 10th May 2019, 11:42 pm   #1
McMurdo
Dekatron

Default English Electric on Talking Pictures

There's a programme on Talking Pictures TV called English Electric Apprenticeships, a nice 20-minute corporate film / recruitment drive for people interested in engineering.

You get to see inside various English Electric factories including the Marconi radio transmitter works, EE locomotive works, Napier & Sons, EE aircraft etc.

I can't just see when it's on next but it was on in the early hours of this morning and is one of those films from 'Renown Pictures' who restore old footage for Talking Pictures.
Old 11th May 2019, 2:08 am   #2
G8UWM-MildMartin
Heptode

Default Re: English Electric on Talking Pictures

Yes, it was at 05:40 10/05. I enjoyed it and, although it doesn't show on the programme guide for the next fortnight, a search for "GLIMPSES" currently finds several unrelated films in the same series.
My next scheduled recording is "Traffic Signals" at 07.30 13/05, but OT for here as it's advertised as being for fans of classic British motor cars, rather than people interested in old traffic light control systems, but the actual content remains to be seen...
I expect the EE film will be repeated sooner or later.
Closed Thread