UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Telephony and Telecomms

Notices

Vintage Telephony and Telecomms Vintage Telephones, Telephony and Telecomms Equipment

Closed Thread

Old 4th Nov 2010, 2:14 pm   #1
Palacepounder
Retired Dormant Member

Default RTT 56B rotary dial wiring

Hi,

Have just aquired an RTT 56B telephone.

On examination the 4 wires (brown, red, orange and grey) have been disconnected from the rotary dial.

Does anybody have any idea on which terminals they connect.

I have tried various combinations but to no avail.

There are 4 screw connectors on the dial.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Pete
Old 5th Nov 2010, 12:46 pm   #2
julie_m
Dekatron

Default Re: RTT 56B rotary dial wiring

It should be possible to identify the "pulse" and "dial off normal" contacts using an analogue multimeter -- or a 9V battery, LED and 470Ω resistor.

You will then need a wiring diagram for the phone -- if you're lucky, this may be stuck inside it.
Old 6th Nov 2010, 10:43 am   #3
Palacepounder
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: RTT 56B rotary dial wiring

Thanks for that, the circuit diagram under the base plate has perished but have found copy from a previous post.

May need help with diagram after I,ve metered contacts.

Cheers

PeteN
Closed Thread