UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 23rd Dec 2006, 6:11 pm   #1
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Default Christmas reading material

I received a bumper sized BVWS bulletin (winter 2006) and a good sized Radiophile (issue 108) today, so have plenty of good reading material for the next few days.

Excellent timing! I hope some of you received one or both as applicable today too.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Old 23rd Dec 2006, 6:23 pm   #2
tvden
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Christmas reading material

I also got my excellent BVWS Bulletin today the only trouble is I have now read it, oh well to make it last I will have to read it through again
Old 23rd Dec 2006, 6:29 pm   #3
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Did you read all the bits of loose paper that came with it too? Almost like a Sunday newspaper, except these bits of paper are interesting!

I normally give myself an hour maximum each day (normally in bed before going to sleep) for reading magazines. Then they will last for some time.

Paul Stenning
Old 23rd Dec 2006, 8:01 pm   #4
tvden
Retired Dormant Member

Paul no I have not read the other loose sheets yet only the one for my BVWS renewal which I have filled in and posted, I need to look at the other stuff in detail as there is a lot to take in
Old 23rd Dec 2006, 8:10 pm   #5
Paul Stenning
Administrator

My renewal form will wait for a few days until I have read the bulletin, so I can include the form to vote for my favourite article this year. I think I know which one it will be already, though.

There is a Vintage Wireless Museum Friends form which is worth supporting if you aren't already, the Alaxandra Palace sheet as I posted elsewhere which needs urgent action, info on forthcoming BVWS events, the usual small ads sheet, a missing DVD apology slip, and a valve sale advert for Kenzen.

Paul Stenning
Old 23rd Dec 2006, 10:58 pm   #6
Dave Moll
Dekatron

The mule train to the wilds of Cumbria takes a little longer, so I shall look forward to receiving it after Christmas. Good to know that it's on its way.
Old 24th Dec 2006, 12:52 pm   #7
Brian R Pateman
Nonode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Moll View Post
The mule train to the wilds of Cumbria takes a little longer, so I shall look forward to receiving it after Christmas. Good to know that it's on its way.
Dave,

Obviously the mule train is heading your way via Seascale!

My copy arrived yesterday - and I'm rationing it to make it last.

Regards,
Old 30th Dec 2006, 12:22 pm   #8
Dave Moll
Dekatron

To keep it all in one thread, I am responding to the following here in the "other thread" mentioned:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalee99 View Post
Hello,
Anyone know when this was sent out please?
I have not had mine as yet and I noticed mredd mention his copy in another thread on here.
My post, is at best poor with confidential mail being delivered to all and sundry in the street
paul.
My copy arrived yesterday. I would suggest that you contact BVWS if it hasn't arrived within the next few days, as things have been known to get lost or delayed in the post.
Old 30th Dec 2006, 6:20 pm   #9
kalee99
Rest in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Moll View Post
To keep it all in one thread, I am responding to the following here in the "other thread" mentioned:

My copy arrived yesterday. I would suggest that you contact BVWS if it hasn't arrived within the next few days, as things have been known to get lost or delayed in the post.
Thanks,
It has probably gone to the same address as my private medical report from the hospital which arrived a week late and OPENED No doubt the persons who read that will be reading my BVWS Bulletin with equal relish
Good old Royal Mail.
Paul.
Closed Thread