UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 12th Oct 2016, 5:10 pm   #1
Mikebay
Rest in Peace

Default Brenell Mk5M

I am renovating one of the above. I need firstly to identify which head is which ( Erase is obvious!), markings are High Fidelity (on both), then one has R on it, the other has R-P. Booth these are o/c, tested with multimeter with a series resistor of 100K as I believe these heads will not survive any appreciable current.
Any brainwaves out there as to where to get replacement heads, preferably budget price. OK, I know you only get what you pay for but there are limits!
Old 12th Oct 2016, 9:06 pm   #2
P.Pilcher
Pentode

Default Re: Brenell Mk5M

R/P stands for record/playback and the head can therefore be used for either purpose. The other head, marked R is used for recording only. Regrettably, these heads are prone to going open circuit thus as you have surmised they will have to be replaced

P.P.