UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 25th Apr 2016, 5:05 pm   #1
Retired
Heptode

Default Backing up thread information.

Hi,

I've been doing a lot of "backing up" to SSD; HDD and also memory sticks not wishing to lose my files or images. A lot of the information I've backed up is included as threads/posts on this excellent forum.

Could anyone please advise me how to copy and backup complete threads from this forum without having to copy one page at a time? As an example my two threads covering the Ekco T311 restoration run into many pages and would take forever to copy one page at a time? I'd like to copy the Ekco restoration to memory stick and place the stick inside the cabinet for future reference.

Unfortunately my projects no longer relate to vintage radio/TV so I'm keeping busy on other forums rambling on as usual.

Kind regards, Col.
Old 25th Apr 2016, 8:39 pm   #2
60 oldjohn
Dekatron

Default Re: Backing up thread information.

Hi Colin, Sorry I can not help but nice to hear from you again.

John.
Old 25th Apr 2016, 9:13 pm   #3
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

And hello from me too!

Try Thread Tools -> Show Printable Version -> Show 50 post(s) from this thread on one page

Nick.
Old 25th Apr 2016, 9:18 pm   #4
Nuvistor
Dekatron

Probably one a the mods could answer best.

To reduce the number of pages you can use thread tools to show a printable version and at the bottom of the printable page select show 50 posts, this will be 2.5 times less pages than before.

If your software will allow, print the page to PDF.

Hopefully there is a proper solution.
Frank
Edit. Well there you are two of us with a similar thought.
Old 26th Apr 2016, 12:34 am   #5
cheerfulcharlie
Heptode

Have a look at 'Pocket' to see if it does what you require?

If your using Windows 10 /Mac/Android and the Chrome/Safari/Firefox (not sure about IE) browser then 'Pocket' will provide a plug in. It's free although a paid service is also available with bells and whistles.

Basically anything you see in the browser you can put in your 'pocket'

Pocket description

https://help.getpocket.com/

Download

https://getpocket.com/

Last edited by cheerfulcharlie; 26th Apr 2016 at 12:46 am.
Old 26th Apr 2016, 9:51 am   #6
Retired
Heptode

Hi,

Thanks John for your kind words. Yes it's been quite a while since I posted; pity there isn't a home workshop or DIY section on this forum but then I'd never be off it? I hope to see you at a Rufforth meeting this year?

Many thanks Nick & Frank; I've just followed your excellent suggestions and am delighted to say I copied both Ekco TV 311 threads in less than five minutes. I hooked up the external SSD drive and opened a new folder; selecting 50 posts as suggested it was then very easy to copy and paste each page into the new folder; all I needed to do was to add a page number to each page; this is a real time saver and I plan to copy many of my other threads now that I can do it so quickly.

I'm running Win7 cheerfulcharlie but I'm nosy so I'll have a look at the links you kindly posted; thank you.

The picture of the snip below shows how easy it has been to back up the two threads nice and neatly; 14 pages in total. Great result.

Kind regards, Col.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ekco T311 VRF..PNG
Views:	100
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	123464  
Closed Thread