UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Computers

Notices

Vintage Computers Any vintage computer systems, calculators, video games etc., but with an emphasis on 1980s and earlier equipment.

Old 21st Dec 2023, 2:01 pm   #81
ortek_service
Octode

Default Re: Tiny SC/MP system !!!

The Lattice GAL16V8B, amongst similar, is also listed on the device list of the older Dataman 48XP, that many years ago I picked-up v.cheap a used (non 48UXP) parallel-only port version of, and I still use under WinXP, as not worth paying £100's for a H/W upgrade to work on Win7+ (And maybe S/W licencing for latest).

And it's probably also supported on original 48(LV) non-XP models, I'd also previously picked-up cheap (But these only work under DOS / Win 3.x?/9x/ NT - maybe Win2000? and wasn't worth paying for expensive 'XP upgrade).

So I'll try it soon, as I don't think I've programmed a GAL before - Only Altera etc CPLD/FPGA's.
I might also try to pick-up a TL866 (or ideally the T48/T56 that replaces the now-discontinued TL866), for better support of more recent OS's (and maybe devices).

I assume an older (usually fusible-link PROM, but I do have some rarer windowed UV-EPROM ones) PAL could also be used, if there is an equivalent with the required amount / type of logic gates in it, and not wanting to change it / just swap it for another different-map prog'd one, if required.
Plus, maybe using a fusible-link version might allay concerns over data-retention times of these - even if they are spec'd no-worse than many EPROM's.
ortek_service is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Dec 2023, 3:08 pm   #82
ortek_service
Octode

I had also been considering requesting some of these boards from Phil etc,, but I didn't want to ask for all your remaining ones, as I really wanted at least three (One for an MK14, one standalone-use, and one to pass to ChrisOddy to play with - But I might also be able to use a 4th on my Introkit, with a slight mod if necessary to deal with extra negative rail PMOS SC/MP-I processor).

So I recently tried link to PCBway, who I've not used yet, and found they were only $5 for 5. Plus they were also giving a $5-off a spend of $5+ instant-use 'coupon'. Therefore they were 'free' - Just the delivery cost, where I just chose the cheapest (even though they say they don't recommend some these / the listed cheapest approx $3.50 Aliexpress one wasn't actually available) at $4.43 plus a $0.44 Payal / Card fee (you can't seem to avoid with bank-transfer much-more), making it £3.89 for 5off.

They were shipped a day later, but will take 11-18 ? working days to get them, so will now be early next year. It may have been possible to have got 10off for a similar cost, under a current offer.

Although this design has been ordered a few time already, it seems you do have to wait a few minutes for it to be 'checked', before it gives you a price. And it seems if you changed solder-resist colour etc. - even though all the same cost? - you have to re-submit it for 'checking' again.
So I just left it at default 'Green' , but I wonder if what colour others went for? - Maybe Black to match some replicas, or even 'None' (I presume tracks will then be all HASL / tin-plated, rather than bare-copper that's normally under the resist) to match an original MK14. But maybe more risk of shorts, when assembling.

I did see they offered to assembly these for an additional $30 (each?). But I'm not sure if that included the INS8060, that is listed on the B.O.M. there - which would be a bargain if it did include the cost of the parts including one of these now that they are nearly £40 from China (So might be safer to get these from a certain well-known expensive UK supplier as not much more and do accept 'Best Offer').
I've currently only got one INS8060 NMOS SC/MP-II, I bought from China a few years ago when they were less than half the current price. So do need to source some more, for use in these / the Softy et.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil__G View Post
Free PCBs for the Micro Introkit project, and no takers?

This is a really nice platform for working on SC/MP code, I take no credit for it as its Kris's PCB which is based on Martin.cz's. Lets summarise what it is:
About 2.5" square PCB, regular components, no unobtainium
Genuine INS8060 SC/MP at 4mhz, not an emulation
Much cheaper to assemble than an MK14
USB powered via FTDI
Full serial terminal interface at 2400 bd, using Teraterm, putty etc
Flexible address map, 0.5k rom & 3.5k ram for NS Kitbug, or 2k rom & 2k ram for KB+
(could be NVram)
I/O Flags 1 & 2, sense A, SIN & SOUT all free to use (sense B & Flag 0 used for serial)
Monitor - either NS Kitbug with its 3 commands: Modify, Type and Go
or KB+ with Modify, Copy, Type, List, Dump, Registers, Jump calculator, Goto, Cls, fast serial loader (2400 bd, no delays, no handshaking)

I've 3 of Kris's PCBs spare, each with a pre-programmed gal, free to a good home, just shout
All you need is a SC/MP. a 6264 or 62256 ram, a 2764 or an AT28C64B rom, a 4Mhz xtal, some sockets and an FTDI serial thingy.
Its a fifteen-minute build, your coffee will still be warm
I dont mind paying postage in the UK but outside the UK it would have to be at cost.

If you've a spare SC/MP chip rotting its legs away in black foam, you might just as well park it on one of these, pending that big project
Old 22nd Dec 2023, 12:43 am   #83
Phil__G
Octode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtime View Post
... I'd be happy to have one with the 0.5K/3.5K GAL.
Ready to post tomorrow Ian 512 bytes rom + 3.5k bytes of ram:
Attached Files
File Type: zip kitbug_p5_3p5.zip (1.7 KB, 48 views)

Last edited by Phil__G; 22nd Dec 2023 at 12:52 am.
Phil__G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Dec 2023, 11:33 pm   #84
Realtime
Hexode

Thanks very much Phil. Just picked up a T48 programmer (TL866 upgrade) for £40 which seems to be a bit of a bargain. I should be able to put my Data I/O 29B back in the loft and reclaim some desk space - it’s a bit of a beast.
Realtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Dec 2023, 12:00 am   #85
Phil__G
Octode

I'd be interested to hear how you get on with the T48 Ian, whether its worth upgrading, although I've no complaints about the TL866pro, its been a great investment
When you play with the gal, note its a Lattice 16V8D not an Atmel (different programming voltage)

I have a spare PCB of Martin's if anyone wants to build an "easy MK14" sidestepping the hard-to-find memory chips.
https://www.8bity.cz/2018/science-of...ram-expansion/
Old 23rd Dec 2023, 3:43 pm   #86
Realtime
Hexode

Quote:
I have a spare PCB of Martin's if anyone wants to build an "easy MK14" sidestepping the hard-to-find memory chips.
https://www.8bity.cz/2018/science-of...ram-expansion/
On Martin's website for this module, he talks about being able to run PICO BASIC and SC-5 Interpreter in the expanded RAM. I'm familiar with PICO BASIC but does anyone know what SC-5 is?
Old 23rd Dec 2023, 4:27 pm   #87
Timbucus
Octode

That is Paul Robson's work based loosely on the NASCOM 1's M5 interpreter.

The link I have is expired and Google leads to some not very nice stuff so here is the ZIP from my download.

SC5-needs1p5k.zip
Timbucus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Dec 2023, 6:25 pm   #88
coolsnaz2
Tetrode

Tiny SC/MP system configured to be used on MK14, still awaiting ROM, but RAM and GAL (thanks Phil) installed.

Since I am using a VDU board attached to the MK14 I needed to cut the ENIN track on the Tiny SC/MP system board going to ground.

Tested using Tetris and other games.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20231223_170635.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	290082  
coolsnaz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2024, 9:36 pm   #89
coolsnaz2
Tetrode

New MK14 built specifically for the ‘Tiny SC/MP system’, with no LED display to further reduce the number of chips required on the MK14 main board. I still need to decide which keys to use, currently working with my external keyboard attached.

Photo shows display after reboot, and after screen has been cleared.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20240109_213503.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	290870   Click image for larger version

Name:	MK14_TinySCMP_System1.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	290871   Click image for larger version

Name:	MK14_TinySCMP_System2.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	290872  
Old 12th Jan 2024, 7:42 pm   #90
Realtime
Hexode

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolsnaz2 View Post
New MK14 built specifically for the ‘Tiny SC/MP system’, with no LED display
So PiView is now replicating the LED display on the VDU - very clever. Has the MK14 SCIOS been modified to write the LED data to a specific area in the VDU RAM or does PiView pick up the LED variables out of SCIOS RAM ($F00-$F07) and do the conversion? And thinking a bit further - will this also work with RealView, OrtonView and the original SoC?

Looking at the ICs that are still fitted it looks like a Rev VI could be shrunk to about 50% of the original size, obviously keeping the rear connector for VDU connection, and maybe 30% if the keyboard was remote.
Old 13th Jan 2024, 11:58 am   #91
ortek_service
Octode

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolsnaz2 View Post
New MK14 built specifically for the ‘Tiny SC/MP system’, with no LED display to further reduce the number of chips required on the MK14 main board.
>>
Quote:
>>
Looking at the ICs that are still fitted it looks like a Rev VI could be shrunk to about 50% of the original size, obviously keeping the rear connector for VDU connection, and maybe 30% if the keyboard was remote.
I did expect the chip-count to come down slightly using this RAM+ROM replacement board - by 1 (for originally min. two 4bit SRAM's + two 4bit PROM's) or by 3 (for originally max four 4bit SRAM's + two 4bit PROM's), being as this extra board only needs three IC's (SRAM + ROM + extra GAL).

However, I counted that with the MK14 replica Issue 'VI' version shown, whilst there are only 11off IC's in total, it seems there is actually 15off required (if including the missing display IC's) - so actually 1 more than the original MK14 'min. system of 14off IC's (with just two SRAM's, and without the 8154, plus ignoring the 5V regulator)

IIRC, the MK14 replica Issue VI board has some extra logic fitted by default (inc. relative to latest 'official' Issue V)
But if wanting to produce a smaller MK14, without on-board keypad & display, then maybe more-efficient to integrate this RAM/ROM replacement memory board circuitry onto a single MK14 board, and this would allow some more pins of the GAL16V8 to replace other logic (Maybe a few more-pins GAL20V8 etc could replace even more) / some original address-decoding IC's are no-longer required if the GAL can do (a better job) all of this.

Plus, with quite a bit of extra memory available on this RAM/ROM replacement board, it should be possible to have an 'enhanced' MK14, that might be able to run NIBL(-R) (as well as Kitbug(+))
- So maybe a bit like ChrisOddy's MK14E that he's just about finished, although he was trying to keep the user interface the same on that and have it the same form-factor so to not look too dissimilar to the original (just with some more-obtainable bust still quite-vintage memory IC's). As well as avoiding any Programmable Logic, just using standard TTL/CMOS, in case constructors of it hadn't got access to a programmer for these (although they'd still need a reasonable programmer for the (SCI)OS (E)EPROM, or find someone to program that).
Old 15th Jan 2024, 1:44 pm   #92
coolsnaz2
Tetrode

Quote:
So PiView is now replicating the LED display on the VDU - very clever. Has the MK14 SCIOS been modified to write the LED data to a specific area in the VDU RAM or does PiView pick up the LED variables out of SCIOS RAM ($F00-$F07) and do the conversion? And thinking a bit further - will this also work with RealView, OrtonView and the original SoC?
Yes the MK14 SCIOS has been modified to output the variables at $F00-$F07 to $3F0-$3F7, and I have tested it with RealView, should also work with OrtonView and original if VDU memory is mapped to $200-£3FF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortek_service View Post
I think I could reduce the IC count by a further 3, but since these are relatively low cost 74LS types, seems little point unless the circuit board was to be redesigned.

I currently have no plans to remove the keyboard, it is important to me that all the MK14 VDU games produced recently run on the MK14 Tiny SC/MP system without modification.
Old 21st Feb 2024, 11:55 am   #93
ortek_service
Octode

Quote:
If you have a TL866II then Bob's your uncle Ian, otherwise I can send you one pre-programmed. Its just the JED file you need. MK14 expansion files attached, this is with ram 880-8FF, don't plug an 8154 in whilst using this as both will occupy 880-8FF.

Thanks for that attachment - it enabled me to finally get my MK14 ChrisOddy replica running, using the Kris Sekula version of the ROM/RAM replacement board.
Is there also a pre-compiled GAL16V8 .JED file version (to save needing to install & run the compiler / know syntax & what to put in the equations file) uploaded anywhere that maps-out the 8154 area of the memory replacement board's on-board RAM - so that an 8154 can be fitted to the MK14 with this ?

I presume neither of these ones would do this?: https://www.8bity.cz/files/MK14/MK14EXP1_GAL16V8.zip
- from: https://www.8bity.cz/2015/jednoduchy...-pro-soc-mk14/

or: https://www.8bity.cz/files/MK14/MK14...AM_GAL16V8.zip
- from: http://www.8bity.cz/2018/science-of-...ram-expansion/

(Probably need to go to those webpages via Google translate, unless your Czech is good)

And I wasn't sure if those two are the right ones to use with the Kris Sekula version, with the serial data fed through it for inverting to correct polarity? - even though: https://mccrash-racing.co.uk/philg/scmp/scmp.htm (just before "GAL files for Micro Introkit") says
"The same GAL file suits either Kris's or Martins PCB (they're electrically identical)" - But I thought Kris's one added Serial inversion?

Although I've later found an 'MK14EXP1.JED' - as well as a 'KBPLUS_2k_2K.JED' at: https://github.com/Kris-Sekula/MK14/...AdapterPCB/GAL

I had initially tried a couple of 'kitbug' versions I'd found, in the GAL - thinking that ROM & RAM should be in similar positions in the memory-map:

1. kitbug_p5_3p5.jed, within kitbug_p5_3p5.zip attached to: https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...2&postcount=83

2. 'kitbug2plu2.jed', inside https://www.mccrash-racing.co.uk/phi...rointrogal.zip
- from "GAL files for Micro Introkit" at: https://mccrash-racing.co.uk/philg/scmp/scmp.htm
(Which I presume is the same as 'KBPLUS_2k_2K.JED' at: https://github.com/Kris-Sekula/MK14/...AdapterPCB/GAL )

as this post had said "Flexible address map, 0.5k rom & 3.5k ram for NS Kitbug, or 2k rom & 2k ram for KB+ (could be NVram)":
https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...5&postcount=73

- Which, the first at least, should cover the MK14, as well?

But both of these 'Kitbug' versions failed to work properly.
So I wasn't sure if there is a conflict on the Serial output via SC/MP F0 pin, going into the GAL for inversion (Although that should only ever be an input to GAL / HiZ? if not defined in equations?)
- I hadn't attached a CH340 module to the board, to prevent any conflicts with serial data from that.

It would be nice to have all the commonly-required GAL versions for both MK14 & KitBug(Plus) use in one place, on a webpage, with some info regarding exactly what the differences were / where they should be used etc. - In order to save having to install / learn / recompile with the appropriate equations complier software.
- As tracking-down all the different ones so far can be difficult when spread across many websites / attachments to posts.

Last edited by ortek_service; 21st Feb 2024 at 12:01 pm.
Old 21st Feb 2024, 12:06 pm   #94
ortek_service
Octode

Another oddity I discovered, is that the board wouldn't work (at least in the MK14, I'm yet to try the Stand-alone version running Kitbug) with the Ramtron FM1608 (8KB) or FM1808 (32KB) 5V FRAM IC's, for some reason.

Whereas this worked with many other 8KB / 32KB RAM IC's I tried, inc. some fast 30ns IDT ones - as well as working OK with a 32KB NVRAM module (Although probably had a flat battery as was a few decades old).

I was hoping that using this board would give the MK14 NV-RAM, so it wouldn't require re-loading things after each power-cycle.
And the PICL board, running Kitbug, had been OK with these same Ramtron IC's. So they weren't faulty (Plus older Dataman 48(XP) has support for the FM1808, allowing me too read & re-write that OK).
Old 21st Feb 2024, 1:50 pm   #95
Phil__G
Octode

Hi Owen, theres a lot to absorb there so I'll answer inline if thats ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen
Is there also a pre-compiled GAL16V8 .JED file version ... that maps-out the 8154 area of the memory
replacement board's on-board RAM - so that an 8154 can be fitted to the MK14 with this ?
Yes, see closing comment below, I'll include this one

Quote:
And I wasn't sure if those two <Martin's> are the right ones to use with the Kris Sekula version, with the serial data fed through it for inverting to correct polarity? - even though: https://mccrash-racing.co.uk/philg/scmp/scmp.htm (just before "GAL files for Micro Introkit") says
"The same GAL file suits either Kris's or Martins PCB (they're electrically identical)" - But I thought Kris's one added Serial inversion?
I gave Kris all the gals on his github - so I can confirm I did the Flag 0 for serial transmit, it works on either PCB, theres no inversion elsewhere on either - but bear in mind Martins was never intended for standalone use, its a hack... whereas Kris incorporated my mods on his pcb, so there are no mod wires on his

Quote:
Although I've later found an 'MK14EXP1.JED' - as well as a 'KBPLUS_2k_2K.JED' at: https://github.com/Kris-Sekula/MK14/...AdapterPCB/GAL
You're right, the function isnt always clear from the filename...
The 2k_2k gal is the "current" one for standalone KitbugPlus, 2k ROM and 2K RAM
Theres also the one with an MK14 keypad/display decode at 0D00 for Coolsnaz2... I can see its confusing, I'll sort it.

Quote:
I had initially tried a couple of 'kitbug' versions I'd found, in the GAL - thinking that ROM & RAM should be in similar positions in the memory-map:
I did 2k ROM 2k RAM as above, a 0.5k ROM 3.5k RAM for use with NS Kitbug, and before KB+ grew, a 1k ROM 3k RAM version... they're just simple edits

Quote:
1. kitbug_p5_3p5.jed, within kitbug_p5_3p5.zip attached to: https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...2&postcount=83
Yes that was the NS Kitbug version 512byts ROM 3.5k RAM for Ian Realtime

Quote:
2. 'kitbug2plu2.jed', inside https://www.mccrash-racing.co.uk/phi...rointrogal.zip
- from "GAL files for Micro Introkit" at: https://mccrash-racing.co.uk/philg/scmp/scmp.htm
(Which I presume is the same as 'KBPLUS_2k_2K.JED' at: https://github.com/Kris-Sekula/MK14/...AdapterPCB/GAL )
Yes thats the same 2K ROM and 2k RAM for standalone KB+

Quote:
as this post had said "Flexible address map, 0.5k rom & 3.5k ram for NS Kitbug, or 2k rom & 2k ram for KB+ (could be NVram)":
https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...5&postcount=73

- Which, the first at least, should cover the MK14, as well?

But both of these 'Kitbug' versions failed to work properly.
No the Kitbug gals give a different memory map to what the MK14 expects, this would stop the keypad, display, etc working,
effectively you'd be using the MK14 only to power the 'micro-introkit' board running NS Kitbug or KB+, all the MK14 functionality would be gone

Quote:
So I wasn't sure if there is a conflict on the Serial output via SC/MP F0 pin, going into the GAL for inversion (Although that should only ever be an input to GAL / HiZ? if not defined in equations?)
- I hadn't attached a CH340 module to the board, to prevent any conflicts with serial data from that.
IIRC Flag 0 is uncommitted on the MK14, so there should be no electrical conflict, at this stage its not a functional MK14 any more, its just a carrier for the KB/KB+ pcb

Quote:
It would be nice to have all the commonly-required GAL versions for both MK14 & KitBug(Plus) use in one place, on a webpage, with some info regarding exactly what the differences were / where they should be used etc. - In order to save having to install / learn / recompile with the appropriate equations complier software.
- As tracking-down all the different ones so far can be difficult when spread across many websites / attachments to posts.
Agreed, I will do that Kris understandably likes to post everything his projects need for completion in one place, ie his github,
and of course I have no control and no means of adding a description there... so I like to keep them on mine where I can update and edit whenever
Old 22nd Feb 2024, 12:25 pm   #96
ortek_service
Octode

Thanks, Phil, for all the detailed explanations.
I'd forgot that they Keyboard/display scanning was memory-mapped, so needed a gap in the RAM etc. space of a 4K page for reading/writing to that. And now understand what was happening much-better!

That'll explain why with some of the 'Kitbug' ones I'd tried would just give the '0000 00' display, and not respond to the keyboard.
Or rather slow scanning of the display / frozen display.
Although it didn't help that initially I was using a Ramtron FM1608/1808 FRAM in place of the 6264/62256 SRAM which unexpectedly it will not run with - So I'll have to see if I can find out why they don't work in this, when old (with flat battery) NVRAM modules worked OK.

Plus I'd initially accidentally fitted the 'D6' reset switch rotated 90deg, as these have a square-array pinout, so reset was being shorted high (and therefore nRESET stuck low), only discovering after getting 'scope to it after I'd tried several GAL's
I'd recently got a 10off lot of GAL16V8-10LP's (from Aliexpress for < £4 Inc. P&P and despite all actually being used they erased & re-wrote OK), so I initially just prog'd each of the three GAL versions I'd found so far into a separate one.
- As I do intend to give Kitbug+ a go on the 2nd stand-alone version with Crystal of this board I've assembled for this, once I receive another INS8060 IC to use.

I've been building-up my own collection of GAL images, as local-copies as I usually do with firmware etc to make easier to locate in future.
But it would be good to have a small table list of the various versions of these, with a row for each one.
Probably with a column of the current-named .zip of .jed etc and another column of brief details of what systems it is for use with. And maybe a 3rd column / sentence on each version's line of what systems it's not for so won't work in eg Not for Kitbug. Not for MK14-SCIOS. Not for MK14 with 8154 fitted etc.
Old 22nd Feb 2024, 2:50 pm   #97
Phil__G
Octode

Hi Owen, I've collected all mine into one zip, with a folder per project.
Each project has its own zip with the files and text describing the project and to show how the equations were derived.
For now they're at the bottom of my SC/MP page
When I get a mo I'll do a table with a description of each, presently the descriptions are with the files in each project folder.
In fact I might do a full page on "Using GALs the easy way without having to learn WinCUPL"

Cheers
Phil
PS there are some fiddly mods to do to run the Martin.cz board standalone - I'd recommend Kris's PCB as it incorporates
all these mods and has an FTDI header, or if you like, my already-modded Martin.cz is redundant now so I could
send it to you, just plug in the chips?

Last edited by Phil__G; 22nd Feb 2024 at 2:58 pm.
Old 22nd Feb 2024, 4:49 pm   #98
Mark1960
Octode

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortek_service View Post
Although it didn't help that initially I was using a Ramtron FM1608/1808 FRAM in place of the 6264/62256 SRAM which unexpectedly it will not run with - So I'll have to see if I can find out why they don't work in this, when old (with flat battery) NVRAM modules worked OK.
If you read the spec on those FRAM you will probably find they need some time between memory cycles. You won’t have that gap with the MK14 address decoding. You could try to gate the chip select with either NRDS or NWDS, as per Slothie mod for 65X61 ram.

This might also limit the speed a Z80 can run with these devices.
Mark1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Feb 2024, 5:37 pm   #99
Phil__G
Octode

I found the Ramtron FRAMs were absolutely perfect on the PICL where access is slow because of the emulation, but the very same chip wouldnt work on any of my three Grant Searle Z80s (7.37 Mhz, no waits).

Incidentally, RS still have loads of bytewide M48Z08 NVRAMs in stock, and confirmed deliveries of M48Z35 later this year... Farnell are a bit more expensive but have over a thousand M48Z08 and hundreds of DS1245's, 1230's & 1225's. You might sniff at the price but I bought a Nascom 32k memory board in 1980 so I know these chips are excellent value at £20-£25

Or, buy an AS6C1008 128k x 8 cmos static ram for £2, a DS1210 for another £2 and make your own!
this is what one of my three GS Z80's uses, gives two switchable nonvolatile 64k pages!

Last edited by Phil__G; 22nd Feb 2024 at 5:57 pm.
Old 22nd Feb 2024, 9:07 pm   #100
Phil__G
Octode

I found a use for one of the spare Martin Lukasec MK14 expansion PCBs!

First, you take your PCB and gillotine the SC/MP section off. Yes!

Then you mount the two rows of header pins for a 28-pin device,
but leave pin 1 missing, so its 14 pins on the right and 13 on the left, starting at pin 2, with no pin in 1.

Solder a 28 pin ZIF where the SC/MP would go.
Add some thin red/black wire, red to the socket's pin 1 that has no header pin (Vpp),
and black to pin 14 (0v)

Plug it into your TL866 Pro, turn off pin detect (cos pin 1 isnt inserted)
Set your PSU to say 100mA current limit and 21v and connect the red/black
Blow as many old NEC 2764's as you like!

Works an absolute treat, I've done quite a few tonight

As I've done it the TL866 lever is a bit awkward so I'd swap the pins and socket to move it over to the right a bit.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20240222_194538017.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	293461   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20240222_200303048.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	293463  
Attached Files
File Type: zip IMG_20240222_194538017.zip (3.27 MB, 28 views)
File Type: zip IMG_20240222_200303048.zip (3.66 MB, 34 views)