UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Old 22nd Nov 2018, 10:33 am   #41
The Philpott
Octode

Default Re: The auction photo that gives the lie!!

Noted! These were actually hospices/foundations so i would expect most of it to be going in the correct direction (notwithstanding anything up to 30% goes towards advertising in the case of certain organisations, more so with those who promote via commercial TV ads)

Dave
The Philpott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Dec 2018, 10:06 pm   #42
avocollector
Hexode

I'm also wondering what was the most common fault found on the 'bargain' - I know from my collecting a large number of multimeters have tried to measure a high voltage on ohms with varying results so often that it has become the first thing I suspect if the readings are funny or absent.
avocollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Dec 2018, 7:44 pm   #43
RojDW48
Octode

Something has always amused me is the 'RARE' tag applied to a bit of old hi-fi.......followed by several pages of precisely the same 'rare' item !!