UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd Nov 2018, 10:33 am   #41
The Philpott
Dekatron

Default Re: The auction photo that gives the lie!!

Noted! These were actually hospices/foundations so i would expect most of it to be going in the correct direction (notwithstanding anything up to 30% goes towards advertising in the case of certain organisations, more so with those who promote via commercial TV ads)

Dave
Old 8th Dec 2018, 10:06 pm   #42
avocollector
Heptode

I'm also wondering what was the most common fault found on the 'bargain' - I know from my collecting a large number of multimeters have tried to measure a high voltage on ohms with varying results so often that it has become the first thing I suspect if the readings are funny or absent.
Old 9th Dec 2018, 7:44 pm   #43
RojDW48
Nonode

Something has always amused me is the 'RARE' tag applied to a bit of old hi-fi.......followed by several pages of precisely the same 'rare' item !!