UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 24th Jan 2016, 7:53 pm   #1
G3PIJpeter
Hexode

Default Class D wavemeter No. 1

I have breathed life into a dead Class D wavemeter (see http://www.pa3esy.nl/military/gb/arm...ass-D_set.html) by replacing all the extremely out-of-spec resistors and capacitors and replacing the open-circuit O/P transformer; I can now hear beat notes in the headphones and a signal on my BC348 receiver.
However, I cannot adjust L6A/C12A or L5A/C12B to obtain beats at 0 and 100 on the dial. I have done the usual adjust L at the LF end and C at the HF end but the two strong beat notes occur around 80 divisions apart rather than 100.
Does anyone have any advice about how to align this wavemeter? The VMARS site has the full manual for the Class D No. 2 which is a very different beast; the web has nothing to offer for the No.1
All thoughts gratefully received - Peter
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	class-D_cct.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	172.1 KB
ID:	118884  
Old 24th Jan 2016, 8:14 pm   #2
rovernut
Pentode

Default Re: Class D wavemeter No. 1

Hi

There is a full set of manuals on the Wireless Set 19 group

see http://www.royalsignals.org.uk/testgear.html

Document No.37, this gives full details of alligment, you have to be a member of this yahoo group and have a 'paid for'' email account (gmail and hotmail accounts won't work)

Are you sure you XTAL is OK, I recall on my one the 100Kc was dead and this caused odd problems

Cheers
Richard
m0ysr
Old 24th Jan 2016, 11:44 pm   #3
G3PIJpeter
Hexode

Default Re: Class D wavemeter No. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovernut View Post
There is a full set of manuals on the Wireless Set 19 group ... Are you sure you XTAL is OK
Richard - Many thanks for the link to WS 19 Group - shall check it out. The Xtal was missing so I have wired a couple of HC6/U Xtals (100 kc/s and 1 Mc/s) to plugs that fit in the Xtal socket - they work OK.
This group is a sort of sure-fire radio Google - it never ceases to deliver against any question! Many thanks again - Peter
Closed Thread