UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 19th Feb 2006, 6:46 pm   #1
Doug
Retired Dormant Member

Default Realistic TR 3000

Hello. I'm new here so please be gentle. I have a Realistic TR 3000 tape recorder which I've recently dragged out of it's retirement. It's been in a cupboard for about 6 or 7 years, before being put away it had worked fine. Now it seems a bit sluggish, it'll fast forward and rewind but just dies when I try to playback. Ah-ha, you all say, it's the drive belt. The question is; where do I get one? I've seen similar sized belts for turntables on Maplins and other websites but are they up to the job? Are there any alternatives available and I am right in thinking that these machines are very similar to some in the TEAC range?
Thanks
Doug
Old 19th Feb 2006, 10:31 pm   #2
DOFFERY
Retired Dormant Member

Question Re: Realistic TR 3000

Point of interest does it take 10.5 or 7 inch spools? As you thought they are a basic Teac model, just can't ;place the 3000 I do know of the belts for the 7 inch. machine.

Doffery
Old 19th Feb 2006, 10:52 pm   #3
Doug
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Realistic TR 3000

Thanks for the reply. It takes 7 in. I've seen belts on US eBay for $20 ish but I'm hoping to get one a bit nearer to home. In fact there's a machine same as mine on there at the moment if you need to see what it looks like.
Doug.
Old 19th Feb 2006, 11:45 pm   #4
reel-to-reel-man
Heptode

These machines look similar to a Teac X-3 though the tension arms are in a different place (Tension arms similar in placing to the X7 series), or those who know what these look like, the Tascan 22-2

I had one a long time ago, the belt was the problem, like most of the Teac's of the X series, the belts would turn soft, I would replace that first. There is a guy on a known site who does the belt's from Italy, a little closer, if you search for belts from the X-3, X-3R, X300, X300R, Tascam 22-2, these are all the same.

Last edited by reel-to-reel-man; 19th Feb 2006 at 11:50 pm.
Old 20th Feb 2006, 2:22 am   #5
sukicat
Retired Dormant Member

Hi Doug ...if you need a belt a bit quick ? I have a Belt which i got from the USA for my TASCAM 22-2 has a spare,Cost me $21.50 inc. Postage (about £13.00 i think)
Has long has it is the right one i can Post it to you just drop me a Message..Peter
Old 20th Feb 2006, 7:48 pm   #6
Doug
Retired Dormant Member

Thanks for the replies. I've managed to get a turntable belt of the same diameter from a local hi-fi/component shop so I'm up and running again. It's not quite as wide but it seems to be doing the trick. Of course this means I'll be here for a while now transferring all my old tapes onto my computer, should be interesting as there's stuff I've not heard for years.
Thanks again.
Doug.
Old 21st Feb 2006, 10:24 am   #7
DOFFERY
Retired Dormant Member

Thumbs up Re: Realistic TR 3000

Hi Doug,

As you have already acquired a belt this is only for interest , I do have the belts for the Teac/Realistic mentioned.

Doffery
Closed Thread