UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 21st Jun 2019, 1:40 pm   #1
dexterslab
Triode

Default Quantel Paintbox Emulator

I know a few of you here maybe interested in this news as some of you have helped me out with various other Quantel related stuff in the past.

I thought i'd mention here that work has started proper on an emulator for the Quantel DPB-7000 'Classic' Paintbox, the one that dates from 1982.

I've been aiding one of the MAME emulator developers with various bits of info, schematics, PROM images etc and he's making great progress so far. Though this could be a bit of a slow burner as there is a lot to do and we have some potentially serious issues to deal with like the lack of Brush Master files and trying to figure out what certain custom programmed PAL devices are doing.

We should be looking at setting up a blog at some point to document, i'll drop a link here when we have something.