UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 2nd Feb 2016, 11:10 pm   #1
Tractorfan
Dekatron

Location: St. Frajou, l'Isle en Dodon, Haute Garonne, France.(Previously: Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, UK.)
Smile New BBC 'valve' continuity link

Hi,
Is it just me, or does the new BBC link with the red background which is shown before a programme starts (I don't know the correct name for them) remind me of circles of stylised valves glowing and going out again?
Thought it was, I'll get me anorak.
Cheers, Pete.
Old 3rd Feb 2016, 12:00 am   #2
Stuart R
Heptode

Default Re: New BBC 'valve' continuity link

No Pete, it's not just you. I thought so too...

http://theident.gallery/bbc1-2016-special-1.php

On this website they have been titled 'Lights' rather than 'Valves' but not sure if that's the official BBC name for them.

Regards

SR
Old 3rd Feb 2016, 7:08 am   #3
Brian R Pateman
Nonode

Default Re: New BBC 'valve' continuity link

Sorry chaps, even for vintage technology the discussion of the BBC's link backgrounds is off topic for the forums.