UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 30th Jun 2023, 2:31 pm   #1
linescan87
Heptode

Default Tv dx

I recently seen a video on YouTube of a DXer's reception of Channel R2 from Luhansk, has anyone had any luck recently.

There's a lat of sporadic E on the FM band today here, unfortunately I'm not in a position to try band 1.

www.youtube.com/c/ojnojirishvintagetvandradio
Old 30th Jun 2023, 9:15 pm   #2
Graham G3ZVT
Dekatron

Default Re: Tv dx

I'm pretty certain the last of the Russian and Ukrainian analogue TV closed down a couple of years ago, although it was difficult to get confirmation at the time.

The last time I received any DXTV was probably back in the late 1980s. Using an indoor set-top vee aerial and a Labgear Tele-Verta feeding a UHF portable. There were typically multiple channels active on band I each with multiple signals, and as one faded out another took its place as conditions in the E layer changed over Europe.

In popular culture:

Switch on the TV we may pick him up on Channel Two
(David Bowie).

Well, sir, in zones of visible aurora, you
get transmissions in the sporadic E layer.
(Radio operator "Martian". "Ice Station Zebra".
Old 30th Jun 2023, 9:44 pm   #3
Graham G3ZVT
Dekatron

John Joe,
I just watched your Youtube short of your Tecsun PL-330 pulling in CBrs across the pond.
I believe I can beat that, one afternoon in 1968 (solar cycle #20) got all 23 channels near enough of American cussing schoolboys on a very deaf Rigonda stereogram with 6 feet of wire as an aerial.
Old 4th Jul 2023, 9:36 pm   #4
linescan87
Heptode

Hi Graham,

I'll leave a link here to the video I seen.

Yes I to have always been fascinated by propagation and the amazing reception it can bring.

https://youtu.be/MoQaRCpZtCw

www.youtube.com/c/ojnojirishvintagetvandradio
Old 5th Jul 2023, 9:15 am   #5
murphyv310
Dekatron

I well remember the times of SpE and amazing to see and hear stations all over Europe and beyond.
Yes and I've heard CB from the States and Australia both legal and pirates. I often wonder if it's possible to receive Digital DX-TV I've never had such success unless you can say the RTE minimux from Divis to Kilmarnock is DX.
Closed Thread