UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing

Notices

Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing For help with cabinet or chassis restoration (non-electrical), please leave a message here.

Closed Thread

Old 2nd Feb 2016, 3:59 pm   #1
BigClick
Hexode

Default Knob Trim

I would like to replace the metalic trim to the middle of a bakelite knob but I am not sure if I can get replacements or if there is a work around.

A picture of the knob I have and an archive image of what I want it to look like are atached.

Any suggestions are welcome

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	archive knob.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	119442   Click image for larger version

Name:	knob.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	119443  
Old 2nd Feb 2016, 7:48 pm   #2
Audio1950
Dekatron

Default Re: Knob Trim

There were any amount of knobs fitted with the same centre. It's called a "Chinese Hat" and if you put a "wanted" ad in the relevant section of the forum, stating the size of the hat, someone will probably have a knob you can get the centre out of. Just put the whole thing in a bowl of hot water, and the centre will drop out when the glue melts.
Old 2nd Feb 2016, 9:55 pm   #3
BigClick
Hexode

Default Re: Knob Trim

Thank you so much I'll get on the wanted section.
Closed Thread