UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 29th Oct 2018, 2:28 pm   #21
AndiiT
Octode

Default Re: All I want is one good one....

Hi, I would agree with everyone here on keeping the Tandberg although having had several LZ29 (and /L) machines pass my way find that they are aren't too bad a machine as long as you sort out the brake band tension.

If your model is the earlier LZ29 without the seperate erase oscillator you may find that your lack of erase/bias is something as simple as the EL84 screen grid de-coupling capacitor. I have certainly had two of these machines where that was the cause of the problem.

The Collaro studio deck in these machines is capable of slicing a finger (or two) off during fast wind which is one of thre main reasons that I am hanging on to my LZ29/L as it makes spooling of tapes to prevent print through much faster.

Ideally you should keep at least two machines in case you need to do any dubbing, unlikely however I have had need to do so in the past.

Regards

Andrew
Old 1st Nov 2018, 3:06 pm   #22
Paulus.d
Hexode

The Tandberg is working remarkably... I'm very pleased with it ….
I've put the LZ-29 back together... it is playing well and will record on pre-erased tapes!
The LZ-34 and popular I'll put away....
Thanks to all for your help.
Paulus.d
Old 24th Dec 2018, 6:45 pm   #23
Paulus.d
Hexode

The Tandberg has a new speaker now...... yes its my main machine !!!!!
The LZ29 has gone to a new owner who's gonna renovate it themselves...

MERRY XMAS TO ALL!!!
Closed Thread