UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Repair and Restoration Services Wanted

Notices

Repair and Restoration Services Wanted If you need someone to repair or restore equipment for you please post your request here.

Old 10th Oct 2017, 1:16 pm   #1
YoungManGW
Pentode

Default Help please with 706 in K6 in SY10

Dear all,

I have a GPO 706 phone wired as follows:
- 205 rectifier between T1 and T2
- 3k3 resistor between T4 and T5
- straps between T5 and T6, T8 and T9, and T16 to T19 inclusive
- handset red to T1, green to T2, blue to T3, white to T10
- linecord blue to T6, red to T8, green to T12, white to T17

The phone is in a K6 telephone box in the garden, connected to the BT box indoors by a long line. There's a splitter at the BT box to cater for the house phone too.

When the house phone rings, the 706 in the K6 does so too, albeit very faintly. When I pick up the receiver of the 706, though, it is not possible to hear the caller. On the house phone there's no problem.

Also, the 706 gives a dialling tone when its receiver is lifted, but it's impossible to place a call - the line gives the dead tone after the first few digits.

I am in Oswestry, Shropshire. If there's anyone nearby who would be willing to call round and help get to the bottom of the problem I would be very grateful. Of course, I would meet all the costs. And make plenty of tea!

Regards,
Richard

Last edited by YoungManGW; 10th Oct 2017 at 1:22 pm. Reason: Removal of repetition
YoungManGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Oct 2017, 12:38 pm   #2
YoungManGW
Pentode

Default Re: Help please with 706 in K6 in SY10

Bump.

Regards,
Richard
YoungManGW is offline   Reply With Quote