UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 2nd Oct 2017, 8:30 pm   #1
Rennie93
Triode

Default Quantel RamCorder

Hello there,

I have a working V-Series Paintbox and I'm trying to get the peripheral Ramcorder working.

I am wondering if anybody here has experience with the Ramcorder and can recommend any diagnostic testing I could do? I am using standard SDI connectors and I believe everything is connected. The paintbox is able to ingest the output of the Ramcorder and control it but only garbage frames appear.

Does anybody have any knowledge of the Ramcorder and what diagnostics it might have? The Paintbox has serial rs232 output so it's possible to get diagnostics out of this port. Although the Ramcorder has 2 serial ports neither seem to output anything for a terminal.

All internal cards seem powered and green LED's are illuminated on each. There doesn't appear to be any superficial damage but I have only very limited electronics knowledge in order to test components.

Dexters Lab, who has posted here previously about his many Quantel endeavors, has helped enormously in getting my Paintbox working. But we are both somewhat stumped by the Ramcorder!

Any thoughts or suggestions most welcome,

r
Closed Thread