UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Repair and Restoration Services Wanted

Notices

Repair and Restoration Services Wanted If you need someone to repair or restore equipment for you please post your request here.

Old 10th Sep 2017, 9:23 am   #1
sobell1980
Heptode

Default Beogram 1000 stylus retip required.

I have a non genuine stylus for my Beogram 1000. It's the replacement for the SP6 or 7. I need it retipped if anyone can help please PM me.
Regards
Dave Smith.
sobell1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Sep 2017, 10:15 am   #2
Ted Kendall
Heptode

Default Re: Beogram 1000 stylus retip required.

There's little point(!) in re-tipping the replacement, since this is almost certainly a third-party job and not of the quality of your original. Components such as the hinge and the cantilever are likely to be stiffer and heavier than the original, to the dtriment of tracking performance. Send your original to Expert, get a report on the tip condition and have it re-tipped if needs be. Problem solved.
Ted Kendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Sep 2017, 2:47 pm   #3
sobell1980
Heptode

Hi Ted, Thank you for your reply I think we have crossed wires. Both my original stylus and the newly acquired faulty stylus are both non genuine. There are no B and O markings on either stylus but I definitely feel that the original one is of better quality.
sobell1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Sep 2017, 9:30 am   #4
bluepilot
Hexode

If you send them off to Expert Stylus they will look at them and see if it's possible to re-tip them. Best thing is to phone them up and discuss what is possible.

The golden age is always yesterday - Asa Briggs
bluepilot is offline   Reply With Quote