UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Repair and Restoration Services Wanted

Notices

Repair and Restoration Services Wanted If you need someone to repair or restore equipment for you please post your request here.

Old 2nd Sep 2017, 11:33 am   #1
BristolHoxa
Diode

Default Tape Recorder Service, Bristol Area

Hello all, Often lurking and reading posts and gleaning info from this marvellous forum - thanks to all! Looking for some help here in Bristol.

I have some contacts who can repair but they are retired and, understandably, take an age and ús can't entice them to take fewer than a year or two to complete some things. That's fine, good folks they are to help. I myself can do simple things but lack confidence with much electronics and would love to bring things to spec. as far as possible.

Can anyone in the Bristol area help with a few recorders I have? Also a Pye Black Box which just needs a little deck adjustment I think. Let's start with this one...

Vortexion CBL5 (34 kg I think!) has some dead components. Leaky caps maybe - tone controls of little effect and a general feeling of age, but all working. One meter is damaged. I have a spare meter of the same form but reversed PPM, by the looks a Ferrograph Series 5 type, and missing the bridge or whatever the Vortexion meters have on the back. Cosmetically, if the glass is exchanged that's OK by me. Noisy Wearite deck with some flutter - maybe a judicious oil/grease needed. Vibrations on play giving that occasional helicopter sound the Wearites are fond of. Maybe I should use rubber reels...

Any practical help appreciated and I am prepared to pay for your time and knowledge.

Many thanks!

Richard.
BristolHoxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Sep 2017, 4:51 pm   #2
BristolHoxa
Diode

Default Re: Tape Recorder Service, Bristol Area

Hi again, have found good service for the Vortexion, but would be glad to hear of anyone local for the future and other projects. Thanks, Richard.