UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 19th Oct 2017, 9:31 pm   #1
equibashi
Retired Dormant Member

Default AOR AR1000 How to Remove Battery Box

Trying to remove the battery box from an AOR 1000 scanner. Appears it was pressed into the case from above, i.e., the battery side. I have prodded, pried, and pulled as gently as possible, but am making no progress.
Inasmuch as I hate the sound of plastic cracking, can anyone advise on how to proceed? I will post a photo if that helps. Thanks!
Old 19th Oct 2017, 10:15 pm   #2
Station X

Default Re: AOR AR1000 How to Remove Battery Box

Hello and welcome to the forums.

From what I remember the AOR 1000 doesn't have a separate battery box. The case is moulded in two halves and the battery container is integral with one of these halves. The two halves are held together with screws, some of which I think are inside the battery container.

Reach for your meter before you reach for your soldering iron.
Old 20th Oct 2017, 7:15 pm   #3
G6Tanuki
Dekatron

If by "battery box" you mean the rear half of the case where the four AA cells sit, you just need to remove the various screws and then the back springs off.

[I've done this on my AR1000 when the soldering on the power/charge jack went flaky and needed rework; I've also done a few where the connection to the outer of the antenna BNC-socket had wobbled-free]
Old 21st Oct 2017, 3:48 am   #4
equibashi
Retired Dormant Member

Thanks for both responses.
I should have been more specific in my enquiry.
How do I remove the terminals in the battery compartment?
Several of them have corrosion and I would like to nickel plate them.
Closed Thread