UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Old 4th Feb 2024, 4:49 pm   #1
Chris55000
Nonode

Default Unidentified KiCAD Power Supply Design - possibly for Valve Tester?

Hi!

I found this KiCAD 4.0.7. Power Supply PCB file on my One Drive but I can't find out for the life of me where its from - from the lettering I got from the circuit diagram that doesn't import properly in the current KiCAD it appears to be a H.T. power supply PCB for a valve tester - does anyone recognise the design and can point me in the direction of the site the file came from please?

Chris Williams
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Unknown Power Supply Kicad Design.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	141.9 KB
ID:	292233  
Old 4th Feb 2024, 4:58 pm   #2
Cobaltblue

Default Re: Unidentified KiCAD Power Supply Design - possibly for Valve Tester?

Just a Guess Sussex Valve tester PSU?

Cheers

Mike T
Cobaltblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Feb 2024, 6:06 pm   #3
Chris55000
Nonode

. . .It was when I noticed the five 51 V zeners I thought it might have been from the Sussex, but I can't seem to pinpoint where I found that KiCad board from, as the current Kicad couldn't read it – I'd to download 4.0.7. to get the screenshot!

Chris Williams
Old 4th Feb 2024, 8:19 pm   #4
Silicon
Nonode

The IRF540 MOSFETs would not be my first choice if I was designing a high voltage regulator.

Could it be an inverter?
Silicon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Feb 2024, 1:03 am   #5
retailer
Heptode

I'm 99% sure that is my PCB design for the Steve Bench RAT valve tester that I built some years ago, for those that don't know where the term RAT comes from it refers to a discussion group called (I think) Rec.Alt.Tubes from the 'old days' of computing before forums such as this one became popular.
On the board are the anode and screen supplies, bias supply and a 100mV 1KHz signal gen. I'm unsure how long ago I drew the design it's probably done with Kicad 6, since then I've moved from Windows version 7 to version 10 and I no longer have the Kicad files on my present PC setup, having backed everything up to a 1TB portable drive.
It easy to get the board mixed up with the Sussex as the anode and screen variable supplies on Steve Bench design are just about identical to those of the Sussex.
retailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Feb 2024, 11:53 am   #6
Terry_VK5TM
Nonode

Full details and schematic here - just over halfway down the pagehttps://diyaudioprojects.com/mirror/...com/sbench101/
Old 23rd Mar 2024, 8:16 pm   #7
djsbriscoe
Pentode

Just created a quick Kicad V8.01 project for Y'all. Attached as a zip file. Just made a root schematic with the schematic diagrams/gif from the link in the last post pasted in. All you have to do is recreate the schematics and then you can do the PCB.
Attached Files
File Type: zip GMMU2_TUBE_TESTER.zip (129.6 KB, 13 views)
djsbriscoe is offline   Reply With Quote