UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 20th Aug 2023, 8:07 am   #1
Stuffandblah
Diode

Default Hacker Sovereign 2 - dial cord repair

I have a Hacker Sovereign 2 radio with the dial cord that has become unwound.

Are there any guides or tips for re-cording this radio please?
Old 20th Aug 2023, 11:51 am   #2
Paul_RK
Dekatron

Default Re: Hacker Sovereign 2 - dial cord repair

Hello and welcome,

Click on the button at top right of the page, and you'll see a range of options for obtaining service data: use the Instant Downloads one, and for £1.99 you get a full copy of the service manual for the set, which includes a page showing the drive layout with fitting instructions: the cash helps pay the costs of maintaining the forum. You'll see separate listings for RP25, RP25A and RP25B Sovereign IIs, the bottom right of your set's control panel will tell you which model it is: may as well get the right one though I don't think the tuning drive was changed at all. If you need more help, or advice on what to use for drive cord if the original can't be re-fitted, just ask here.

Paul
Old 21st Aug 2023, 1:36 pm   #3
Stuffandblah
Diode

Default Re: Hacker Sovereign 2 - dial cord repair

Thank you, Paul.

I have successfully purchased and downloaded the correct manual and now have a reference which I can use to hopefully re-cord my radio.

Thank you
Closed Thread