UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Telephony and Telecomms

Notices

Vintage Telephony and Telecomms Vintage Telephones, Telephony and Telecomms Equipment

Closed Thread

Old 9th Aug 2019, 9:18 pm   #1
Dave Moll
Dekatron

Default Ericofon 700

I have acquired an Ericofon 700 (DTMF dialling) which is in working order except that no DTMF tones are produced, so I suspect there is a problem with the push-button unit.

My initial problem is that I cannot see how to open up the unit, as there are no screws, or other attachment mechanism, visible in the base as there are in the older Ericofons. Can anyone tell me how to get at the innard of this 'phone?
Old 9th Aug 2019, 9:23 pm   #2
dagskarlsen
Heptode

Default Re: Ericofon 700

I do not have answer, but it is a special Ericofon page: https://ericofon.com/
Maybe they know?

dsk
Old 10th Aug 2019, 7:23 am   #3
Dave Moll
Dekatron

Yes, this is a great web site for all things Ericofon, but annoyingly, it explains the obvious of how to dismantle the standard Ericofon (remove the four screws), however I can find no mention of the 700.
Old 10th Aug 2019, 5:12 pm   #4
dagskarlsen
Heptode

Looks like it may be made in several versions:
http://www.antikviteter.net/antikpra...tml?1299100577
https://digitaltmuseum.se/021026360704/telefonapparat
Old 4th Sep 2019, 2:37 pm   #5
Dave Moll
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Moll View Post
My initial problem is that I cannot see how to open up the unit, as there are no screws, or other attachment mechanism, visible in the base as there are in the older Ericofons. Can anyone tell me how to get at the innard of this 'phone?
Having acquired a second Ericofon 700, this one with a crumbling base rubber, I believe I have answered my own question. The rubber should prise off, revealing three screws that hold the base into the cover. Unfortunately, this one has prised off in several pieces.

At least this one does dial out - albeit using loop disconnect dialling despite having star and hash buttons on the keypad.

I shall return to the original 700 and try to prise off the base rubber without damaging it. Then I should be able to assemble at least one fully-working Ericofon 700.
Old 5th Sep 2019, 4:29 pm   #6
usradcoll1
Heptode

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagskarlsen View Post
Several years back, someone had proposed to use Ericofons for use in the Hospitals. The design seemed to make more sense, instead of using our cumbersome two piece phones.
Back then, the US telephone system was a monopoly. It mandated that the equipment they furnished be used on their lines.
Old 7th Sep 2019, 6:32 pm   #7
dagskarlsen
Heptode

Quote:
Originally Posted by usradcoll1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagskarlsen View Post
Several years back, someone had proposed to use Ericofons for use in the Hospitals. The design seemed to make more sense, instead of using our cumbersome two piece phones.
Back then, the US telephone system was a monopoly. It mandated that the equipment they furnished be used on their lines.
The monopoly was kinda securing long lasting equipment, so the quality of that time was high, but often heavy. As everything else when it was history we could see the bad and goo thing s with it.

dsl

Last edited by AC/HL; 7th Sep 2019 at 7:42 pm. Reason: Forum rules
Closed Thread