UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 29th Oct 2019, 5:53 pm   #81
vidjoman
Dekatron

Default Re: My Thorn 2000 back after 34 years!

I was wondering whether a thin black plastic sheet or thin metal which could be sprayed with a suitable paint finish (maybe 1mm thick) just a little larger than the damaged area, so as to leave the printing, with holes cut to suit the tuner and glued on might do the trick.
Old 29th Oct 2019, 9:06 pm   #82
bluepilot
Heptode

One trick I've used when mending panels is to stick some tape on the front to cover the holes up. Then pour araldite in from the back and wait for it to set. Remove the tape and the front surface should be flat. Then you can carefully drill holes where you want them. (Flatten the panel with a hammer beforehand if necessary.) Paint it black.

The golden age is always yesterday - Asa Briggs
Old 30th Oct 2019, 1:22 pm   #83
Welsh Anorak
Dekatron

I'd put the correct tuner back in first and then see how much work is needed. Most of the, er, modifications will be covered up, I suspect and it shouldn't need too much work.
Is that a 25" set? If so the comparative lack of pincushion distortion is remarkable.
Closed Thread