UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 31st Oct 2010, 12:32 pm   #1
G4XWDJim
Octode

Default Eddystone dials.

I've just bought two Eddystones that appear to be in tidy condition except that their dials are duff. One is an S870, the other is an S504. The 504 has faded away to almost nothing and the 870 glass which carries the print on the rear has broken.

I'm trying Ian Nutt on the EUG but as I think it's unlikely that delicate spares like that are still around I thought I would ask here whether anyone might have a scan of, or even a dial from a scrap set.

In hope!

Jim
Old 31st Oct 2010, 2:42 pm   #2
woodchips
Octode

Default Re: Eddystone dials.

Jim, can you post a photo of them?

In fact it would be useful if anyone after this type of spare posted a photo, no doubt many, like me, have no idea form the description what is being requested. 1000 words and all that! Bob
Old 31st Oct 2010, 6:44 pm   #3
G4XWDJim
Octode

Thanks Bob,

Here are two fairly poor pictures I found on the web. I could photograph the sets themselves but without the dials they could be various similar models with nothing to clarify them.
The 870 is a small set, a cabin receiver Eddystone call it, about 12 inches wide.

The S504 is about 18 inches wide like the more common mk1 shape models.

Having great trouble with these pics, fingers crossed here they are or might be?

Hope there is a modicum of clarity in this.

Jim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	S504.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	42135   Click image for larger version

Name:	870 pic.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	42136  
Old 31st Oct 2010, 8:11 pm   #4
g4aaw pete
Heptode

Hello Jim

I have an 870 in pieces at the mo. The main probmle is that the dial lettering is in white, so unless I scan it against a black backing sheet, it'll be invisible !

I'll give it a go if you like, but the result is likely to be quite a large file size.
PM me with your email address if you like me to give it a go.

Regards
Pete
Old 31st Oct 2010, 9:43 pm   #5
G4XWDJim
Octode

Pm sent, thanks.

Jim
Old 1st Nov 2010, 5:21 pm   #6
bc312
Pentode

Jim
I have an S504 awaiting restoration. The dial is good, so would be happy to make scan. This is going to be a winter project and will be a while before I start, so unless you are lucky with Ian, or someone can do a scan more quickly, let me know by PM and I'll email you the scan in due course.
Regards
Mike
EUG Member
Old 1st Nov 2010, 6:22 pm   #7
G4XWDJim
Octode

PM sent, thanks.
Closed Thread