UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 7th Feb 2010, 6:56 pm   #1
cendoubleu
Tetrode

Default help Roberts Rambler

I've just come into possession of a Roberts Rambler from the local FreeCycle group. Unfortunately it had had some rough treatment and the front had come adrift. Fortunately it was a clean break and glued back up nicely. My question is how does the base secure to the radio. There is a 12mm hole in the base, and two metal strips on the side pieces which I assume the base slips under but can't see how it would stay in place. Is the hole in the base supposed to contain a locking device. Any info much appreciated.
Charlie
Old 7th Feb 2010, 7:13 pm   #2
Steve_P
Dekatron

Default Re: help Roberts Rambler

Just put your finger in the hole and shove it as far left as you can. It'll stay there.

Cheers,

Steve P.
Old 7th Feb 2010, 8:42 pm   #3
cendoubleu
Tetrode

Ah as simple as that! I was obviously looking for something too sophisticated! Thanks Steve for your reply. Hopefully this week I can get hold of a PP9 battery and see if there is any life in the radio. My first 'Rambler' and what a nice looking set it is (but then aren't all the Roberts range)
Charlie
Old 20th Feb 2010, 9:09 pm   #4
cendoubleu
Tetrode

I eventually got round to trying the Rambler, after resoldering one of the speaker connections which had come adrift when the front broke off. All working fine, so after several coats of Teak oil on the sides, it almost looks like new. A nice addition to my growing collection of radios. Next up will be a Hacker Democrat but I'm not sure how to get the knobs off without creating further damage. Will post a pick of the Rambler when I find the digital camera!
Charlie
Closed Thread