UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps) You may announce components or sets for sale or offered free here. Private collectors only - no traders. You must include an exact price. No swaps.

Closed Thread

Old 1st Dec 2019, 6:02 pm   #1
dazzlevision
Nonode

Default Murphy B845 “Overlander” LW-MW-2xSW-VHF/FM transistor portable radio

Hello,

The clear-out continues….

I have for sale, a Murphy B845 “Overlander” LW, MW, 2xSW (with SW fine tuning control) and VHF-FM (tunes 88–108 MHz). It's quite a large battery transistor portable radio.

It works on all bands but is not overhauled. The case is in reasonable condition and the telescopic aerial is undamaged. It takes 6 x D/U2/SP2/HP2/MN1300/LR20 type 1.5V cells and the battery terminals are very corroded.

The battery corrosion has spread to parts of the “chassis” metalwork, tuning scale, tuning cursor and matt black backing panel (behind the cursor/scale).

So, maybe most suited to someone who already has a B845, as a source of parts for repair or cosmetic improvement.

The asking price is Ł10.

To be collected at the BVWS tabletop sale and auction to be held at Royal Wootton Bassett on Sunday 8th December 2019.

Regards,

Dazzlevision
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Murphy B845 front.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	194711   Click image for larger version

Name:	Murphy B845 LHS.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	194713   Click image for larger version

Name:	Murphy B845 RHS.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	194714   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5405.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	194715   Click image for larger version

Name:	Murphy B845 top.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	194716  

Last edited by dazzlevision; 1st Dec 2019 at 6:28 pm.
Old 1st Dec 2019, 6:10 pm   #2
dazzlevision
Nonode

Default Re: Murphy B845 “Overlander” LW-MW-2xSW-VHF/FM transistor portable radio

More photos......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5399.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	194717   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5395.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	194718   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5400.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	194719   Click image for larger version

Name:	Murphy B854 chassis and speaker view.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	194720  
Old 1st Dec 2019, 8:25 pm   #3
usradcoll1
Hexode

Default Re: Murphy B845 “Overlander” LW-MW-2xSW-VHF/FM transistor portable radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzlevision View Post
More photos......
Too bad, that nice of a radio wasn't cared for better.
Look at the size of the speaker in that set!
Dave,USradcoll1, always interested in fine radios.
Old 1st Dec 2019, 8:48 pm   #4
turretslug
Dekatron

It does have a certain clean '60s style to it, it looks to have been aiming for the mid-range Grundig-type market with that coverage and big speaker.
Old 2nd Dec 2019, 9:39 am   #5
dazzlevision
Nonode

Quote:
Originally Posted by turretslug View Post
It does have a certain clean '60s style to it, it looks to have been aiming for the mid-range Grundig-type market with that coverage and big speaker.
If you take a look at the Murphy 1969 full range brochure here: http://www.murphy-radio.co.uk/murphybilia/cats/1969.pdf

You'll see that the B845 styling (page 23) is co-ordinated with a 25" dual standard colour TV (CV2516CS) on page 7. Other models have similar predominantly white cabinet styles and identical control knob types.
Old 2nd Dec 2019, 1:47 pm   #6
Reelman
Heptode

Hello Dave,
I’d be interested in the radio as I already have one that has problems and could make one good out of the two. Unfortunately Swindon is a bit far for a casual visit. If you were agreeable, I could ask if anyone is going to RBW at the weekend from the north, ie use the FCS.
We could meet up again at the new NVcF (Retrotech) but that is asking for you to hold on to it for rather a long time...
Many thanks,
Peter.
Old 2nd Dec 2019, 5:47 pm   #7
dazzlevision
Nonode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelman View Post
Hello Dave,
I’d be interested in the radio as I already have one that has problems and could make one good out of the two. If you were agreeable, I could ask if anyone is going to RBW at the weekend from the north, i.e. use the FCS.
Many thanks,
Peter.
Hello Peter,

By all means ask if anyone can collect the radio from me at RWB on 8th December, using the FCS.

In the meantime, if someone else wants it and can collect at RWB on the 8th Dec, I'll let them have it, but only if you haven't been able to make a firm FCS arrangement by Friday 6th December.

Regards,

Dave
Old 10th Dec 2019, 7:05 am   #8
dazzlevision
Nonode

Hello Mods,

The Overlander is now en route to Reelman, so please close this thread.

Thanks
Old 10th Dec 2019, 10:40 am   #9
Reelman
Heptode

My thanks to Chriswood1900 for collecting it for me, we will be meeting up later this month.
Cheers Chris!
Closed Thread