UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 5th Mar 2018, 8:21 pm   #1
chriswood1900
Octode

Default TV programme on Tesla (the man)

There have been a few adverts around for a programme on Tesla and his work on weapons, might just be sensational rubbish but you never know!
Its showing on Thursday 8th on the Discovery channel.
Chris
Old 5th Mar 2018, 9:41 pm   #2
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default Re: TV programme on Tesla (the man)

Thanks very much for flagging that up Chris Just up my street. I started a thread on Jan 6th [Tesla's Electric Dream's] which then covered two other programs that came up as well re NT [one involves Lisa Tarbuck v a slightly patronising scientist-she wins-so it's its the go to Tesla space now! Perhaps this should be tagged on there?

I don't have the Discovery Channel so if anyone out there will be recording and can do me a DVD copy I will be very gratefull
All expenses and inconvenience covered of course!

Dave
Old 7th Mar 2018, 10:52 pm   #3
dave walsh
Dekatron

Apologies for coming back with this request Mods [I know too much "bumping" is discouraged] but it's on tomorrow night titled as a "Death Ray" episode. The same program is listed, in RT, on March 1st 8th and 15th at 9pm. There is a repeat after midnight. Apparently the whole "series" began on January 2nd
If anyone can make a recording as mentioned, that would be great.

Dave
Old 8th Mar 2018, 12:27 pm   #4
mike_newcomb
Rest in Peace

Hi, you may be able to watch now, see:

https://www.history.com/shows/10-thi...slas-death-ray

Regards - Mike
Old 8th Mar 2018, 1:26 pm   #5
daviddeakin
Hexode

You can watch it on xmovies8.fm, along with most things.
http://xmovies8.fm/watch/wvnW4BxQ-te...-season-1.html
Old 8th Mar 2018, 2:20 pm   #6
SWB 18
Pentode

In the early 1980’s there was a BBC2 Horizon programme, “The Mysterious Mr Tesla”, presented by Bob Symes, which was worth a watch.

Looks to be available on “You Tube”.

Phil.
Old 8th Mar 2018, 6:38 pm   #7
dave walsh
Dekatron

Thanks Phil I will check that out. I have a Bob Symes film in the archives re his eco-house in the woods, steam driven electric generator and home built railway! Thanks for the Internet info David and Mike. My ancient computer doesn't always support modern stuff but I'm watching the Spirit Voices episode at the moment. The bonus is that it includes Henry Rollins a great autodiadact-don't let the tattoos fool you! Go and see him if you get a chance [on tour at the moment]. He's like an everlasting TED talk covering everything and anything in the world-amazing chap.

As for Tesla and his "Death Ray" the Guardian thinks this run is just starting tonight but is also dismissive about a "contrived and breathless series". The reviewer seem to think that because he was 86 anyway, he wouldn't have been killed. At that age you are much more likely to talk-nothing to lose. These children know nothing I am a bit computer duff but CAN record from JUST I-Player or You Tube via a stand alone unit I sourced, so DVD copies would still be very welcome if anyone can oblige. I'm the sort of person who wants a copy to squirrel away in the archive and will be very happy to pay for that assistance.

Thanks again.
Dave
Bexhill
Closed Thread