UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd Sep 2021, 8:41 pm   #1
6SN7WGTB
Hexode

Default Post Office No.12B/1 - almost a Taylor 127A...

Have acquired a cased PO 12B/1.

I assume it is case and contents correct as am I right that the 12B/1 was indeed a PO-badged/modified Taylor 127A?

I have the instructions for the 127A, but the 12B/1 is subtly different: it has 1,000VDC and 1A DC sockets (in addition to the usual S, + and -) as opposed to the 1,000V DC and 1,000V AC sockets of the 127A.

I'm not sure what switch range one is supposed to use for the 1A as the ranges are 50µA, 1mA, 10mA, 100mA, although I can test it carefully on the 100mA range with a limited PSU and see what happens. Thought I would ask first...!

I've tested the DC which is spot on across ranges. The AC appears to under-read by about 4% which is within the tolerance of a 127A on AC.

Has anyone got a manual or any info for this PO 12B/1?
Old 23rd Sep 2021, 9:05 am   #2
6SN7WGTB
Hexode

Default Re: Post Office No.12B/1 - almost a Taylor 127A...

One other question: I see that the back panel has a metal instruction plate on it.

The two screws that I assume secure the unit together are in holes that have been blocked off with some sort of sealing material - any idea what it is and has anyone removed it?

I don't think they are plugs which can simply be pulled out?
Closed Thread