UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 18th Sep 2021, 5:01 pm   #21
tracypaper
Octode

Default Re: Sticker removal from record labels

Thanks to everyone for the replies, I will give them a try on a wrecked record.
The tax stickers (if I come across one again) will more than likely be left alone as this is original history and had to be put on for import reasons, but as for stickers owners put on with names etc then this is taboo to me.
I am collecting singles that have to be near mint and I am fussy, these get stashed away and are not played, I do have most of what I have collected all ready and these are my play copies.
Collector mentality I guess.
Gaz.
Old 18th Sep 2021, 7:45 pm   #22

Default Re: Sticker removal from record labels

Quote:
I am collecting singles that have to be near mint and I am fussy
Fair enough, personally I would keep the history (stickers) and explore them for interest. Sort of "This record was played at... owned by..." thing. At least keep a digital record of the labels (and a "music file" of what is on the disc) for prosperity.

Every day people ask on this forum about things past, nice to have a source of information.

Closed Thread