UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 3rd Sep 2018, 12:22 pm   #1
Dukebox
Triode

Wink Help ... my Fidelity HF45

Hi all,
My first post and nice to be here.

I have a Fidelity HF45 which I bought from a restorer. It’s in lovely condition and has served me well this last year or so ...

Anyhow, when I was playing it this morning I noticed that intermittently the speed dropped (It almost sounded like someone was placing their finger on the record for a few seconds then let go so to speak)

I know nothing about these but they can’t be rocket science. Can anyone advise or help me?

Thanks
Old 3rd Sep 2018, 1:20 pm   #2
Edward Huggins
Dekatron

Default Re: Help ... my Fidelity HF45

You need to prise off the circlip from the centre of the BSR Turntable. Then lift off the platter and check that the rubber drive (idler) wheel is making good contact with the inner rim of the underside of the platter. Clean the inner rim and edge of the idler wheel with isopropyl alchohol. Edward
Old 3rd Sep 2018, 1:50 pm   #3
Boater Sam
Banned

Location: Middlewich, Cheshire, UK. & Winter in the Philippines.

Is there a rubber idler wheel under the platter? It may need cleaning along with the motor spindle and the inside of the platter rim. Vodka is fine, isopropyl alcohol is the pro stuff.
Old 3rd Sep 2018, 3:10 pm   #4
regentone001
Heptode

Were you playing more than one record? If so it could be just one record slipping on the top of the other.

Steve.
Old 4th Sep 2018, 1:24 am   #5
19Seventy7
Octode

I also had a speed issue with my HF45, it turned out to be rubber on the motor spindle, give it a clean and it should work, if not, there is the chance that the rubber holding the motor has perished, meaning the motor and spindle isn't contacting the idler wheel properly, in turn, not making the platter turn at the correct speed.
Old 4th Sep 2018, 3:40 pm   #6
crackle
Rest in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by regentone001 View Post
were you playing more than one record? if so it could be just one record slipping on the top of the other.
Steve
I have had this happen many times. Test it with only one record on the turntable.
Mike
Old 4th Dec 2018, 1:11 pm   #7
Paul Stenning
Administrator

See https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?t=151995

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Closed Thread