UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Old 11th Feb 2019, 3:27 pm   #1
hiro, JJ1FXF
Triode

Default TRIO TS-510 Power Supply

Can anyone tell me some hints to normalize the 800V of PS-510D, a power supply of TS-510?

My PS-510Dís power output of 800V is about DC 1050V and also the HV meter of the rig, TS-510D, shows about 1kV at HV position which shows the voltage of S2001 Plate.

Its transformer outputs 373V without load, and the rectification unit has a voltage doubler circuit and so it is supposed to output about 800V.

I replaced the rectification unit and two 100uF/500V capacitors to new ones, but there is no change.

Maybe the transformer is out of order? But I donít have the spare of it.

Any other things I have to check out?

All advices are appreciated.

// hiro, JJ1FXF
Old 12th Feb 2019, 10:17 pm   #2
G8UWM-MildMartin
Heptode

Default Re: TRIO TS-510 Power Supply

How does your actual (measured) mains voltage compare to the transformer primary rating or tapping (presumably 100V)?
G8UWM-MildMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Feb 2019, 11:24 pm   #3
hiro, JJ1FXF
Triode

Default Re: TRIO TS-510 Power Supply

G8UWM,

Thanks for your reply. Once again I checked voltages and the circuit seems working as designed unfortunately.

The transformer outputs AC 373V (average, w/ following recitification unit), and the recitification unit outputs DC 523V (w/o voltage doubler capacitors), and then plate voltage is DC 1055V (w/ the capacitors)

1055 is almost 373 x 1.4 x 2.

According to the schismatic of PS-510, a power supply unit of TS-510, the transformer is designed to output 340V 0.64A.

So maybe something is wrong with my transformer or hopefully some other parts of PS-510 is wrong and so transformer over-works.

How do you think?